• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

be careful with old (race)cars

Yep, racing and open tracking is a dangerous sport. You can try to be as safe as possible and then something happens out of the blue. Parts break, attentions wander, physical conditions can pop up and sometimes the red mist takes over.

It's still better than just about anything else out there!

... the Mustang hit the barriers without scrubbing off much speed, and the steering column and steering wheel impacted against Portmann's chest. ...he succumbed shortly later to severe chest injuries.
mustangcrashpic.jpg

that was a pretty hard impact, even in a modern car that would be serious... but yes dudes, be careful.
The StangFix Drag car will not have a Spear-O-Matic. I've got a 68 collapsible column for it. Might think a bit harder about a cage now too...

at least he died doing what he loved. Better than wasting away from cancer...I should be so lucky.

"silverblueBP" said:
at least he died doing what he loved. Better than wasting away from cancer...I should be so lucky.
yep, I can think of worse ways to go...

At first I thought it didnt look too bad with most of the damage on the passenger side and the cabin still intact but dont most of them switch to right side drive over there?

Nope Ryan.Most are still LHD,even the race cars in England as I can recall.
But in my opinion its just that the impact is much harder on the human body with old cars as they aren't constructed the way to absorb and distribute the force of impact all over the carbody.

cool, thanks. Didn't see the "highlighted" links until pointed out. sucks to get old.
Nice
PIC00020001.JPG

what are the plans?
download.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back