• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

before and after

RustyRed

Last weekend I finally got around to trading out the seats in the '01 Mustang.

I think the black / charcoal seats look better....the darker seats seem to go better with the green exterior paint and help pull out the black on the top of the dash and a few other places on the interior.

Attached are pictures of before and after.

The picture with the "new" seats is not the greatest but I was too lazy to pull the Mustang and / or the Trans Am out. Late Saturday afternoon it was about 500 degrees out and humid so after clearing some brush in the back yard and trading out the seats I was a bit worn out.

Thinking about changing the lid for the console glove box....

"tarafied1" said:
The grey almost looks tan in those pics.

Probably just the lighting...

I noticed the darker seats looked better after I replaced the fronts and put the top down before I even got to the back seat. The paint is a dark green and with a black top, black in parts of the interior it just looks "better".

Can't really tell much difference with the top up but with the top down it's a world of difference.

Now that console lid is really bugging me, LOL! :roll

I have blue exterior so the grey looks okay, plus mine (Tara's) is not a vert!
I am looking for an 04 console. The 99 has the cup holder in a bad place (too close to the shifter), might be okay with an auto but with a 5 speed it's useless. The 04 is rearranged. Not sure when they did it but the 04 I saw was much better.

I haven't driven the '01 Vert enough to notice where the cup holder is...but it's an automatic anyway.

One nice thing about the car, the seats are an easy swap out. For the fronts you don't even have to get at the underside of the car. :thu

One thing I do need to find is a clip like the one in the attached picture. It's the clip that the post on the underside of the rear seat bottom locks into when you install the rear seat.

The one on the passenger side or her car has been jacked up since we bought it but has gotten progressively worse.

Haven't spent any time looking for one but wondering what kind of luck I'm going to have...

Back