• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Before the Mustang.....this had to be done

blu67

Finally got her cleaned up enough to come in the house. Didn’t get it working yet and won’t for a long time (if ever. 80 year old vacuum tubes are likely hard to come by)
I’ve wanted to get this project done for years.....

76a57bf20a0e536930f05bdc5e4f521f.jpg

d4181f460616d51a852108407af55483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, you did a great job., I have done a few of those. My Dad had a side business of radio and TV repair. That is where I got my tube. I sold all his tubes last year for him on ebay. There are a lot of tubes to be found there.

Did you replace all the wiring? How about the old capacitors? You can also find places that will recone the speakers.

I didn't do anything to the internals except clean them up. Not really a project for me right now. I know there are probably lots of resources out there for what I need. I was glad to find just the right speaker cloth to set it off too. Its about a 10 foot job as I didn't totally restore the cabinet. Cleaned it up, wood conditioner, stain markers, citrus oil, etc. Looks good. Maybe some day I'll totally restore it the way it deserves.

Did you replace all the wiring? How about the old capacitors? You can also find places that will recone the speakers.
I did fill that upper hole in the push button panel. I don't know what was originally there (it didn't match the other side with the vacuum tube) so I found an appropriate sized clear plug and it works well.

Back