• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Billet Export Brace

"joesgt281" said:
A couple of questions.......
You're showing the firewall piece and shock tower parts as powdercoated black.
Are these aluminum, and available un-coated?
Second, can these be had with a quick release device?

Yes, they are aluminum and can be purchased plain so you can finish them however you wish. I'm taking orders now.

I can put a quick release pin on the firewall brace but the shock tower plate will need a nut and bolt to be held secure enough.

Only one more question, I hope.
I'm big on the brushed aluminum look.
I also need the Monte Carlo bar, but I don't think I can use the straight quick-release kind.
But I want the MC bar finish to match the export brace.
This bar you sell is stainless steel, and looks almost chrome.
Can it be steel-wooled or sanded to give it a brushed aluminum finished look?
Thanks.
C5ZZ-16A052-BJS.jpg

"joesgt281" said:
Only one more question, I hope.
I'm big on the brushed aluminum look.
I also need the Monte Carlo bar, but I don't think I can use the straight quick-release kind.
But I want the MC bar finish to match the export brace.
This bar you sell is stainless steel, and looks almost chrome.
Can it be steel-wooled or sanded to give it a brushed aluminum finished look?
Thanks.
C5ZZ-16A052-BJS.jpg

You could spend hours trying to scuff the stainless in a way that it matches the export brace to no avail. I'm really no expert on matching one finish to another. The quicker way would be to have all parts powder coated a shade of silver (or something else you like) so they match. Most powder coaters can coat parts in a huge range of colors/finishes. For instance there is a one off part powder coaters I sometimes take 1 or 2 things to when I'm in a rush and my production based guy is busy. They can do anything from several catalogs including the Eastwood range - http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating/powders.html

Well, we had a great response to our Billet Export Brace! Thank you.

We ran a small batch of 26 kits and sold a bunch of them already. If the remainder sell well, we'll make more. If they don't, we'll save our time and money and make something else. :cool:

If you want one, get it now! Only $199.

We had so many enquiries/orders we added a page on our site to make ordering easier - http://www.streetortrack.com/product.php?productid=24452

export-brace6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've sold all these. Half of them sold at a show I was just at. I think they must look better in person than in the pictures. They sold so well and so quickly I made them a permenant fixture on our line up and are keeping them in stock. Unless something changes I should have them available for the long term.

Back