• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Billet Export Brace

Shaun

A customer contacted me recently and asked me to build him an Export brace for his car. Its a show car that will be entering Run Thru the Hills IV, SEMA and the Optima Street Car Challenge Invitatinional.

These are the first parts fresh of the mill. They will be powder coated black (to match our Monte Carlo bar) and will be secured with stainless steel hardware.

What do you think?

export-brace.jpg

export-brace2.jpg

It'll look something like this very early prototype:

engine_bay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love love love it! Not to be too crass, but do you have a price point yet?

I was unaware of your monte carlo bar. I was looking at GW, but your prices are as good and better.

I'm thinking about this one:
1965-66 Monte Carlo Curved Removable Bar - Black

Does Street or Track make that one, or is it one you resell?

Thanks for the great work, Shaun. Can't wait to pick up some of your stuff!

Steve

Holy mackerel, that's a sweet lookin piece Shaun!! You and John should team up and start providing all the parts to build a Mustang. One section OEM and the other HP parts.

I'm sure you would corner the market :toot

As usual, nice work Shaun. I wish you were making these parts before I purchased my TCP setup.

If you decide to produce these to sell to the public, will you included a support plates that bolt to the fire wall, too?

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Love love love it! Not to be too crass, but do you have a price point yet?

I was unaware of your monte carlo bar. I was looking at GW, but your prices are as good and better.

I'm thinking about this one:
1965-66 Monte Carlo Curved Removable Bar - Black

Does Street or Track make that one, or is it one you resell?

Thanks for the great work, Shaun. Can't wait to pick up some of your stuff!

Steve

Steve,

Thanks! We are loosing money on this one off but I wanted to do it as a design excercise that I think turned out pretty nice. If we were to get enough orders, I could make a run of them and sell the completed piece for around $200.

We don't make that curved steel Monte Carlo bar but we make this aluminum one - http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-or-Track-Quick-Release-Monte-Carlo-Bar-pr-23524.html It has billet 6061-T6 aluminum brackets and an aluminum swedged tube. It'll match the Export Brace above.

"garner67" said:
As usual, nice work Shaun. I wish you were making these parts before I purchased my TCP setup.

If you decide to produce these to sell to the public, will you included a support plates that bolt to the fire wall, too?

Maybe difficult to see from the picture but we have 2 recessed holes that we'll install stainless steel socket cap screws through the firewall to be secured under the dash.

"silverblueBP" said:
Holy mackerel, that's a sweet lookin piece Shaun!! You and John should team up and start providing all the parts to build a Mustang. One section OEM and the other HP parts.

I'm sure you would corner the market :toot

If John could convince my wife to move back to CA I'd even make the coffee and sweep John's shop floor!

"Shaun" said:
Maybe difficult to see from the picture but we have 2 recessed holes that we'll install stainless steel socket cap screws through the firewall to be secured under the dash.
I see what you're talking about now. Looks like you've got it covered.

Did you install a backing plate on the inside of the firewall too?

"garner67" said:
I see what you're talking about now. Looks like you've got it covered.

Did you install a backing plate on the inside of the firewall too?

Nope, washers under the nuts. When installed this chunk is SOLID.

I don't think it'll fit the efi intake.

Here are the finished parts:

Complete kit
export-brace4.jpg

Firewall billet bracket
export-brace3.jpg

With our matching Monte Bar
export-brace5.jpg

I've had a pretty good response to this. If I can get 8-10 orders (actual commitments with money taken) I'll do a small run and sell them for $199 plus shipping. Let me know if interested - shaun@streetortrack.com

"garner67" said:

My piece that bolts to the firewall will replace the basic TCP angle aluminum bracket. The ball width and holes size they use will slip right into our bracket.

Our plain bracket alone to dress up the TCP unit, complete with all the mounting hardware to attach it to the firewall can be had for $72.

A couple of questions.......
You're showing the firewall piece and shock tower parts as powdercoated black.
Are these aluminum, and available un-coated?
Second, can these be had with a quick release device?

"Shaun" said:
My piece that bolts to the firewall will replace the basic TCP angle aluminum bracket. The ball width and holes size they use will slip right into our bracket.

Our plain bracket alone to dress up the TCP unit, complete with all the mounting hardware to attach it to the firewall can be had for $72.

Sluggo, thats the piece you would need to replace to use the TCP pieces I sent home with you. I used the lower TCP mount on the firewall as added support to my Maier racing brace, since I had already drilled the holes in the firewall to use it. Had a buddy mill off the mounting tabs.

2_05_04_09_7_49_26_0.JPG

"joesgt281" said:
A couple of questions.......
You're showing the firewall piece and shock tower parts as powdercoated black.
Are these aluminum, and available un-coated?
Second, can these be had with a quick release device?

bump

Back