• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bill's 67 coupe build

34isgreat

Bill from Whispering Pines NC
67 Coupe, 6 cyl C4. Burnt Amber with saddle int. Options: hood mounted turn indicaters.
Purchased in June of 2010, car spent the past 20 years in storage.
After a little work got the motor running witout a major rebuild, now working on body.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
Wow! Huge before and after difference. Looks like someone was crop dusting the car while it was stored.

How is the rust? If it has any.

What are your overall goals for the car?

Wow, sometimes a little clean up and some new chrome can make a huge difference.
It doesn't even look like the same car.

Looks like a great car to start with. :thu

"abrahamfh" said:
Wow! Huge before and after difference. Looks like someone was crop dusting the car while it was stored.

How is the rust? If it has any.

What are your overall goals for the car?
1st pic was the day I picked her up, the second pic is 2 weeks later after a wash job and new bumpers. Barn was next to a farm what got plowed every year so tons of dust and green moss was on the body and glass.

Very minor rust in the normal places, I have replaced the battery box and fender apron, lower rear qtr on passenger side and 2 small holes in floor board. Doors, and cowl in great shape.

My goal is to build a very nice driver. I want to keep it mostly original, I will keep the six, it's the factory motor and for the fuel cost. Plan to paint factor color also. Will restore it to close to factory condition but not frame off. After I get it back on the road I will slowly upgrade it with power front disk breaks, and all the chrome I can add like pop open gas cap, wheel opening moldings, door edge guards, passenger side mirror, Wire spoke hubcaps, and LED sequential tail lights. Also I will add some major noise reduction and a modern radio.

Easy on the moldings and edge guards. The car has great lines already. It doesn't need all that glitz...IMHO.

"Horseplay" said:
Easy on the moldings and edge guards. The car has great lines already. It doesn't need all that glitz...IMHO.

This is the look I want but with better paint and wire hubcaps.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
Heres a few more pics

Original warrenty card and buck tag found in glove box. I found both copies of build sheet in car also, one in dash one undeer drivers seat.
Battery box replacement.
Engine bay repainted.

Attachments

• 787-300111082516-72141611.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 787-300111083251-72181607.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
And more...
Engine before
Engine after
Current state of car, body taken apart for body work and paint.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • 15.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 787-300111085115-72212088.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 10
Back