• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Blue Angels in San Francisco

Nada. I've seen them do all of that. I was in the city once when they were flying through it. Yes, through it, not over it.

"Starfury" said:
Nada. I've seen them do all of that. I was in the city once when they were flying through it. Yes, through it, not over it.

What does flying through it mean? I'm calling BS on anything other than over it.

Both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds have come to Tucson on multiple occasions for shows. They fly unbelievably low here, too. My old office was right on the Davis-Monthan AFB flight path and we often felt like they were 10 feet off our roof. We literally couldn't hear on the phone or customers would ask, "What's that noise?" I never got any work done because I was always outside watching them. They don't come quite so close at my new place, but I still run out when they're flying.

I couldn't believe it the last time the Blue Angels were here that D-M AFB received a number of phone complaints from people who didn't like the noise. That's the sound of freedom people, enjoy it!

"monkeystash" said:
What does flying through it mean? I'm calling BS on anything other than over it.
I mean flying through it. In between buildings. I was standing on a balcony at the Museum of Modern Art and watched an F/A-18 fly by about 100 feet overhead. An hour later I watched another one fly about 100 feet over the tower on a very small church, about 200 feet over the park we were eating lunch at. At that distance, you can't even hear yourself think over the roar of the jet engines. All of this in the middle of the city, well below roof level of most of the high rise buildings. Fleet week is an amazing thing.

Always been a fan of the performance teams. BAck in the early 60's, I worked for my brother-in-law and he farmed the land around the Sioux City, Iowa airport. The Thunderbirds flew the F-100 then and would come in town for an air show. They would practice over the fields I was farming in. Work always stopped for the "show" and of course I went to the actual show on the weekend. Been a long time.

Then, being in the AF for 20 years, I saw at least one of the demo teams each year, and always the practice. Tucson and Phoenix always seemed like the best because of the weather. Got here to Panama City just in thime for the show on Tyndall AFB. Again, still good but in todays world, they do not fly as close for safety reasons. Also, this show had a demo of the F-22 Raptor. THAT is one special plane with it's abilities.

"Starfury" said:
"monkeystash" said:
I mean flying through it. In between buildings.

Ahhhh, I thought you were talking about the Golden Gate Bridge. I wasn't sure how to fly through it, and was damn sure they weren't flying under it.

"daveSanborn" said:
Okay, I give up. What was supposedly photoshopped?

Dave, it was a reminder about a previous "photoshopped" post on another forum that got blood boiling.

"monkeystash" said:
Ahhhh, I thought you were talking about the Golden Gate Bridge. I wasn't sure how to fly through it, and was damn sure they weren't flying under it.
Seen pics of them flying under it as well. Plenty of room down there for those pilots.

Tad has seen just about everything......of course he used to be addicted to crystal meth which may explain that :doh

Back