• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

bright red

pappastang

im ready to get my 67 fastback painted , i want a bright red no orange in it. i been going to car lots on a sunny day but not much luck. i did find a 2009 f 250 that i kind of liked.if anyone has pic and the code number to post it would be a great help thanks

what's wrong with Orange?
ccrp_0612_08_1967_z+ford_mustang_gta_fastback_lamborghini_orange_pearl_silver_metallic_opal_stripes.jpg

How about factory Candy Apple Red, but in 2 stage? That's what I did on my FB.

My signature pic below shows it and my 2011 in Race Red. The Race Red is super bright, and there is an orange tint to it in certain lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is a couple of my coupe in the f 150 red. I believe the code is E-2 but maybe E-4. I have other pics in my gallery if you need more. Click on each pic to enlarge.

1991 Ford code EP Vermillion Red:

Shaded:
f1e8c4ef.jpg

Shined up, in bright, direct sun:
saleenbasehor.jpg

Next to an "orange' car:
basehorbobjer.jpg

This is a factory Ford "Bright Red" from the early 90's used on Mustangs & T-birds

Attachments

• 100_0124.JPG
    560.2 KB · Views: 40
I have a House of Kolor Kandy Brandywine over gold base on mine. A bit more expensive than the basic base clear but spectacular in the sun. Very bright in the sun but almost looks like a bing cherry in the shade. It may not be bright enough for your preference now that I think about it.

Here is a picture right after it was painted, before buffing but in direct sunlight.
March2008027.jpg

Just after assembly.
IMG_1728.jpg

Back