• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Brisket!

O

opentrackerSteve

Slow cooked two Brisket slabs Saturday evening and Sunday morning on my Primo XL. Had family over yesterday for lunch.

Used the bbq controller to set cook temp at 250 deg F. Cooked until meat thermometer got to 185 F.

Smaller piece was done first, at 9am or so on Sunday. Second slap was cooked at noon time.

The meat was so tender, I could cut it with a fork.

Served it with tossed salad, green beans, french rolls and hummus and sliced sweet potatoes. Dessert was a fruit cheesecake (berries, etc on the top).

cooked it at 250 for about 13 hours.

Yes, the Primo's are pricey but once you go Primo you never go back. Worth every penny.

Looks good, glad to hear they came out good and tender for you. I've had better luck just monitoring the temp and then using the poke test to determine when they are done. But that's with a RF stick burner, bet the primo w/the guru setup is really nice. Kinda like a set it and forget proposition, just add a little fuel when needed.

I didn't have to add fuel - I loaded the firebox and let it run for 13 hours and didn't run out of fuel. i'll inspect the firebox when I get home tonight, but I beleive this monster can cook at 250 for 16+ hours!

Do we know anyone who wholesells the Primo. To pay retail, I might have to go and walk the streets a couple nights.

I bought it from a local dealer and I'm glad I did (recall it broke and they replaced the lid at no cost).

My local fireplace / bbq shop also matched the internet price that I dug up.

If you're searious (pun intended), Craig, let's talk at Knott's or PM me.

Properly cooked brisket is equal to the best pulled pork around. Gawd...I'm now suddenly hungry for brisket!

I think we have a member up in WA state that works for a pool company who might sell them. Discount for Craig?

Back