• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bullitt car on the Auction block this coming Fri 1/10/2020 for $4mil ??

Once I knew a guy who had a lookalike 68 bullit fastback with a cleveland engine. He put alot of work into it but did sell it pretty fast after completion. Wonder if he regretted that ?
Hi Craig ! Its nice to hear from you again!
Wonder if the orignal bullitt brings the top dollar.

Holy crap! $3.4 million.

That was a packed house for that auction. The car had it's own Entourage coming in.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ridiculous .
Although hat off to the seller. He just picked the right time to sell.
Add 10 years and only some old dudes in retirement homes knows what the Bullitt mustang is.

Is it worth $3.5 mil? Of course not but to that guy and the other bidders it was and that's all that matters. He had the cash so power to him. And it's not just a car from a movie. It's a "Bullitt" car that Steve McQueen drove in a movie that 50 years later guys are still talking about and will be for decades to come. Even the fart can crowd knows the flick. It's a legend will not die with the Boomers.

There are all kinds of things people "waste" money on for their own personal reasons. None of the European "supercars" are worth anything near what people pay for them but its their cash to do with as they see fit. If some rich dude wanted to blow a few million on this car so he can boast about it or maybe even genuinely enjoy it...good for him.

Agree with Terry 100%! Just hope the car remains in the U.S. The Smithsonian would seem appropriate.

At least now all of the "theatrics" will be over with!

Yeah. What’s the big deal about a 67 FB 390 4 speed. It’s just a car
True, it's just a car, but it is a 68, not a 67. Bullitt is my all time favorite car chase film. It looks like the old girl has lots of dings and dents- shes done lots of living.

The only part about it's whole story that bothers me is how the guy ignored Steve when he reached out to him. McQueen was the true article. A real car guy. He wanted that car back because it meant something to him. Good for the guy's family that he did as they now have a nice chunk of change but kinda sad Steve wasn't able to get it back. You KNOW he would have driven the hell out of it! Instead it sat in a lonely garage for decades.

Yes the second owner parked it for 45 years. The mystery of where the car was always interesting when you brought it up to bullitt fan boys. You get all kinds of stories, I know a guy that collected anything bullitt. He owned all the new versions of the bullitt mustang. I never gave him grief about it even though I knew him very well. The local bullitt club in SoCal would always go to shows together.

Don't get me wrong if I could own 68 fastback, i might paint it highland green. I love the color but I think like the Eleanor, I'm just over it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back