• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cage Nuts - 65-6 Fenders - Headlight Buckets

dm289

Does anybody know of a source for replacement cage nuts used on the fenders of 65-66 mustangs to hold the headlight buckets on??? Will standard cage nuts for sheetmetal work?? 2 of them were missing on mine and the PO just used a bolt and nut (was pain to remove)

Thanks,

dm289

Almost all Mustang Catalog stores will sell these nuts, as they are sold in kits by AMK Products.

Standard J clips will work just fine, as long as you can find the right size. Most autobody stores will carry them in stock, as will every Mustang catalog.

i believe the thread count for 1967was 5/16x18. If its the same for 65-66, i know auto zone, advanced auto, pepboys all carry them.

"lethal289" said:
i believe the thread count for 1967was 5/16x18. If its the same for 65-66, i know auto zone, advanced auto, pepboys all carry them.

Thanks... I was basing it off of the size of the opening which I thought I measured at 3/8" square. I'll measure the threads and head up to Advanced... thanks, I only need a few.. not 25...

Back