• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

California Meet-In-The-Middle...April 17-18 2020

We'll meet at a shopping parking area that will be easy for those coming over from the central valley.
I'll note it as we get closer to the date.

I will not be coming through Gilroy, it is the long way around for us from Modesto. Also, I will be towing Barney, so I-5 works better for me. I will meet you in Pismo!!

OK I have a headcount of 10.

All in for dinner at Giuseppe's on Friday? I'll call for Res.

Saturday cruise will be to Solvang....then straight from there to Jocko's in Nipomo.

We'll talk about what time to start the cruise on Saturday....taking back roads (61 miles).

I suggest a 5:00 meet at Jocko's to beat the evening rush (41 miles from Solvang) and be back to Kon Tiki (13 miles) to have enough time to imbibe.

Last edited:
Definitely in.

My wife will be jealous. We had one of our first dates at Guiseppe's, and our wedding reception dinner. I've never had a bad experience there.

Well let's just say staying at the Kon Tikki while there is only 5 rooms rented is a blast. Very quiet, every restaurant is take out only.

It's our 10 year anniversary and I needed to get away from the craziness at work right now.

Here's some pictures
eae3b8303789c7dfd4714ab3992a5711.jpg
a37582109a935ca76cc85084a38c6948.jpg
09c915056a1047dc4e7bf4daaf32421c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Happy 10th you two!

Nice lonely walks on the beach, I'm sure.

Here's hoping in a couple weeks they will open up the restaurants.

Well let's just say staying at the Kon Tikki while there is only 5 rooms rented is a blast. Very quiet, every restaurant is take out only.

It's our 10 year anniversary and I needed to get away from the craziness at work right now.

Here's some pictures
eae3b8303789c7dfd4714ab3992a5711.jpg
a37582109a935ca76cc85084a38c6948.jpg
09c915056a1047dc4e7bf4daaf32421c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Happy 10th.

My kids live in the area and SLO county has a shelter in place order. Kon Tiki may be closed by then.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FWIW the Shore Cliff Hotel (where I have a reservation) sent me an email letting me know they are ready for our arrival and pointing out the extra precautions they are taking to provide a safe visit. At least they are optimistic!

While I still have hope the virus concerns seem to be getting greater here. I'll wait until April before I make a decision.

This was supposed to be a weekend of visiting and enjoying each other. If keeping a distance is still in effect then why take the chance.

We would help all by staying home.

I've yet to make hotel reservations, but the option is still there. Waiting to see how things pan out...

Well I'm calling it.

MITM is cancelled. For your health and mine.

I'll be calling KonTiki in the morning to cancel my reservations.

Maybe we can have a redo later in the year.

It is a shame. All of my spring trips are being cancelled. Hopefully Graffiti Night will still happen !!

Back