• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can anyone summon any sympathy.....

Sorry none whatsoever. My first question is who is supporting this bozo? And that is a rhetorical question. I have had to deal with those morons first hand. Been to construction sites where copper pipe has been ripped off of the wall. Install security on the A/C units that are on the roof of buildings. We would have to wait to pull wire because the building was not secure. Yes I collect copper wire, but the wire that I acquired was left on the ground by the electricians or the end of a box of wire that we used for the job. fd

I lost it on this response:

"The truly sad part of this story, though, was that one week prior to his accident, Mr. Higdon had installed The Clapper in every room in his house!"

I appreciate the fact he's trying to turn a negative into a positive (Someone had to say it)

But no sympathy from me. If he went to school, learned a a trade, or stayed away from the meth, he would have learned the basics of electricity and living skills. Now us taxpayers will foot all his living and expenses forever.

Additionally, we all pay higher insurance rates because of the low lifes that steal copper and greedy recycling businesses that look the other way.

I pick up copper scraps from job sites but I have permission from the electrician or the builder. I say throw his but in a pool and see how well he bobs. I have no sympathy for thieves. They should have given him a regular wheel chair instead of the electric and told him to make due.

Only sympathy I have is for all of us that now have to pay for this idiots disability. Yep, he will get check after check after check that we have earned and now have to pay him. :fbomb

You know he didn't learn his lesson. If he wouldn't have fried himself he would still be doing it until he was arrested. Either way you look at it the American people are paying for his criminal behavior. If he was still ripping off the copper then the insurance would be paying to replace it. Now the American people get to pay him to be disabled. Its a win win scenario for him. minus the limbs of course.

Sorry, but in my mind thievery can never be respectable. I work a lot of new construction, (custom homes) and occasionally we do some smaller run of the mill government sponsored homes. These home usually use pex waterlines in an effort to keep the cost down. When Pex was first becoming popular, there were not any wall termination ends with the brand we would use. We would cut little 6 inch pieces of copper to use as stub outs. The thieves would break through the windows of the houses, destroy the pex lines, (because they had nothing to cut it with, they would bend and mangle everything until something broke) and cause days of work for less then 10 dollars in scrap.

Mind you, these homes were in low income areas, and the material that would disappear was ridiculous.

Occasionally, you would get somebody that came buy and would ask if there were any scrap metals around. Somebody trying to honestly make ends meet. During excavating we would find old stack lines, water heaters, tubs etc... Usually, it would be set aside for somebody that would just ask. These guys who steal, could probably get a hand if they were just honest.

So no, no sympathy from me.

Can't say I have any sympathy for him.

I regret that he didn't fry himself a little better so we wouldn't be supporting him for many years to come.

"RustyRed" said:
Can't say I have any sympathy for him.

I regret that he didn't fry himself a little better so we wouldn't be supporting him for many years to come.

My thought exactly.

Frank

FD, I used to do ADT/CCTV/central vac installs and saw the same thing. There was one house that was a hot mess. The owner thought it'd be great to build her big ass house in the hood, and I mean HOOD. Everyday, we would show up at this place and something else would be missing. They stole the AC units....both of them....twice, ripped out wiring, even stole the damn front door. Then the owner had the balls to scream about all her shit being stolen. Total dumbass. We later found out that she was a dealer and a mistress(whore momma). Take a wild guess what the house was gonna be used for. Why would a single woman with no kids need a house with 6 bedrooms....

Oh and as for that other toolbag, I have no sympathy. In fact, that word isn't in my vocabulary

Back