• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Can I work it or what?

68EFIvert

As you guys may know already I am getting my car ready for a magazine photo shoot that is scheduled the evening of Oct 3 or on Oct 4th. It all depends on the weather her in the NW. I am also going to do a tranny conversion to a T56 6 speed in the next few weeks. I spoke with the shop that helped with some of the mechanical gremlins and did the paint work about getting their help on the conversion and they are eager to help. I am going to talk with the magazine guy and see if he would be interested in doing a write-up on a T56 in a 68. I may get a little labor help in exchange for some publicity. ;D

The only hitch is I got my new T56 2 weeks ago and was sent the wrong tranny. They sent one for a mod motor with an electronic speedometer. I hope the new tranny would arrive in time. I have everything else waiting except for a new driveline because I don't know what the length will be until the tranny goes in.

I wouldn't risk a major photo shoot with a fairly significant transplant...just me.

I'm not going to risk it. I plan on doing the shoot with the T5 in there and then if interested do another one for the tranny conversions. If the tranny one never happens I am still very content on just having one on the car only. Beggers can't be choosers.

I guess I am not as good as I thought I was. They have already done a T56 conversion and don't want to do another. Oh well.

If the cars running good and their are no issues, then its best to leave well enough alone. Plenty of time after the weather cools for the swap.

I told you there would be a magazine pictorial in your future. Do you remember me saying that? It may have been on another site, I can't recall. All I have to say is congratulations, you have a BAD ASS 68!!!

Thanks Mike. It looks like I will be in your neck of the woods next year. I grew up in Palmer and graduated from Palmer High back in 91'. My sister still lives up there and I am going to take the family up there to visit next summer. (Can't delay the trip any longer.;D) I would love to take a look at your car if you don't mind. Maybe if there is a good car show up there I can coordinate the timing of the trip with. My sister and brother-in-law have a few cars and enjoy those events as well. They have a 55 Chevy, 30 Ford Victoria (right hand drive with a blown 302) and a 66 Plymouth Fury Convertible. If I am lucky they may let me drive one of the cars there.

Darreld

Well I'll be jiggered! You never mentioned that. I live 7 miles up KGB off of vine. I'll be happy to get together with you. Just keep me posted.

Thanks Mike. I am now 3 dozen years old. Twice the age of a kid graduating from HS. The funny thing is I wouldn't want to go back though.

I have an update on the tranny install. The mag sent me another email and they now want to do a tech article. The only prob is they will be here on the 3rd and 4th but the tranny is on back order until the 1st. I am not sure I will have it in time.

"Mustang Mike" said:
Well I'll be jiggered! You never mentioned that. I live 7 miles up KGB off of vine. I'll be happy to get together with you. Just keep me posted.

When I was a Sr in HS I actually lived pretty close to you. I lived off KGB in a subdiviaion off Edlund. Small world isn't it?

Back