• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car Show Debut

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
Settle in. Slow morning in the office so I'm going to tell a story.

Having been able to take my car to a few cruise nights the past few weeks, I finally had the chance to attend an actual car show this past weekend. It was part of a season long series all across Chicagoland called "The Hooters Cup". Each week the show is held at a different Hooters restaurant location across the suburbs. Draws cars from all over the area. Points are awarded for class wins, etc. over the season to crown the ultimate champs so guys typically make all the shows they can to accumulate series points.

My car was placed in the 60-66' class. There were some really nice cars in this class including some early Vettes, Chevelles, Mustangs, a couple Buicks and lots of other stuff.

As I am finding out speaking with other owners there are all types of car shows around in terms of how cars are judged or how voting is done. In this case, the voting is down exclusively by the show entrants. Each guy gets one of three different ballots which covers one third of the vehicle classes. Keeps it random this way so you never know what you will be voting on so makes it harder for car clubs/friends to group vote a member car, etc. You also can't vote for your own car...which, I guess, sadly happens a lot at other shows.

Here are a few pics of some of the cars I liked and remembered to take pictures of. Have to remember to snap more from now on before I get to talking to guys and forget!
66 chevelle.jpg 68 bird.jpg biscayne.jpg gtx.jpg
gt500.jpg

So when it finally came time to announce the winners and hand out trophies I had no idea what to expect. The show was filled with a lot of really nice rides and my class itself was tough. Even after a day of hearing a lot of nice things about my car from everyone the pics show the quality of cars in competition. Not totally surprisingly, I failed to get an award recognizing my car as being top three in my class. After all, that blown '66 Chevelle pictured was in my class as an example of the cars involved. While it would have been great to win, I wasn't really disappointed. The whole experience up to that point had been a lot of fun. Then it got a whole lot better.

My car was selected as Best of Show in the FORD/LINCOLN/MERCURY class. :):):)

IMG_1815.jpg IMG_1817.jpg
*The trophy plaque will be mailed to me, I was told.

To win against cars like that GT500 and the 67 Fairlane is crazy. That thing is just beautiful. Custom throughout. That black Biscayne is plain badass. Factory drag car with the legendary 427. So cool.

Sounds like a fun series of shows.

Congrats. The detail in your build is awesome.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Congrats Terry! It is always nice to get confirmation of all your hard work. I am just curious to how many illegals and/or dead people voted in this process?

Congrats Terry! It is always nice to get confirmation of all your hard work. I am just curious to how many illegals and/or dead people voted in this process?
That's the best part in all this. Validation of all the hard work by guys who know what it takes and appreciate the effort. I can't say for sure about the validity of the vote. It is Chicago.

Congrat's on your 1st of many trophies/awards Terry. Hope you built a very large shelf in the mancave.

Well, I guess we can now state with confidence that you do have a car! Congrats on the win! Black paint can be a real pain, but when done right, it outshines the competition!

Congrats, Terry! You deserve the accolades considering the time and effort put into your car.

To win against cars like that GT500 and the 67 Fairlane is crazy. That thing is just beautiful. Custom throughout. That black Biscayne is plain badass. Factory drag car with the legendary 427. So cool.

Congrats...and those that you mentioned are my favorites of your pics.

Again, thanks to all for the kind words. Best part of all this is now that the car is done I can be a part of these cruises and shows meeting lots of great people and seeing some incredible cars and hearing all the stories behind them.

Back