• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Charlotte, NC

RapidRabbit

Donator
I have a quick question.

We are planning a trip to charlotte Oct 6th to the 13th. Just found out its a NASCAR race weekend. So the question is how busy or crazy is charlotte during the week before a race?

We are planning on staying on the southwest side of charlotte by steele creek. So I'm hoping it won't cause us a headache with traffic.

Thanks.
Pat.

Pat I don't know how crazy Charlotte itself gets. The track is actually in Concorde, NC so it's a little ways away from Charlotte. I would recommend going to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. It's the only money NASCAR has gotten outta my pocket in years! It's in downtown Charlotte, easy to get to and easy parking. It's WELL worth the trip IMHO. Lots of interactive stuff to do and some pretty cool stuff to see..even if you're not a NASCAR fan.

Thanks guys. I knew the track was north of charlotte, so I figured we might be ok. We don't really plan on going north. Maybe into uptown during the week one day. Mostly just checking out the steele creek area. The last time I was in charlotte was 1994 for the mustang 30th at the speedway.

"RapidRabbit" said:
The last time I was in charlotte was 1994 for the mustang 30th at the speedway.

I was there for that too! We only went on Sat. Fortunately Clinton didn't spoil my day there. I understand he inconvenienced a bunch of folks that were there the day that he showed up! BTW Pat, there's a National Parts Depot in Charlotte too! <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

That's cool. I brought my 90 vert down there with a friend for the whole week.

We are taking our jeep. I just may have to leave a little extra space for the way home.

Back