• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cheap Carb for 66 289 2B

So, I got a wonderful video sent to me from the body shop of my Mustang dumping fuel from the accelerator pump and power valve on the 2 barrel 289. To the point of the fuel ponding on the intake and splashing the exhaust when idling. Thankfully nothing caught fire. It's an older aftermarket 2100 knock off.

Come to find out the body shop had noticed a small leak from the accelerator pump and decided to take it upon themselves to disassemble and put back together. Obviously they jacked that up because it was getting much worse. Regardless, they are good group of guys and appreciate their tenacity, but wish they would of just called.

I already have an intake and 4b Edelbrock I'm planning on putting on. But need to get the car down the road home when it's done. And I'd rather swing by the shop and throw a cheapie carb on there just for safety measures.
Curiosity, has anyone ever purchased one of these 2100 china carbs off of amazon? I found 2, and just wonder if I'm getting myself into deeper poo than needed to. I only need something to get it moving in and out of the shop.

Thoughts? I just figured it would be easier than rebuilding a carb I won't use.

Gonna cost alot more than $85 dollars to tow. Besides, it has to be moved in and out of the paint booth anyhow.
The paint shop is a friend of mine, so I'm not trying to make them push it around the entire time.

Yeah, I know. Just not interested in rebuilding the whole carb just to get it home to rip it off for the new intake and 4b I have.

then , go there and install that intake and carb. Just a bit more work.
It's crossed my mind. I'm gonna check the garage when I get home. I may have a full rebuild kit from Mikes Carb for it. If I do, I'll yank it and gasket it this weekend. If I don't, I may just drop the intake on and Edelbrock for now.

I've got a 2100 with a 2V intake sitting in my garage. It's an original Ford 2100 that was on my convertible when I bought it. It needs to be rebuilt. Where are you? Is it worth your paying the shipping to you? I have to agree with the other guys. Join AAA and have the thing flat bedded to your garage. Meantime, I'm betting this isn't the first car your buddy has had to push around. Especially after they bolluxed up the 2100 that the car came in with. Or, you could always just hand them the 4V carb and intake and tell them that you were going to upgrade anyway so they can install it and get it running for you and they can keep the 2V manifold and the Shanghai Special carb.

Back