• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chrome 67 gauge bezel?

blu67

Having a tough time trying to find just the gauge bezel for a 67 in plain chrome, no woodgrain or brushed aluminum insert and no camera case finish. (I want to do my own insert) I have found the over glove box piece but not the gauge side. Anyone ever seen these somewhere? I think I have checked all the big vendors.......I may have missed some....

Last edited:
Can't you get a standard brushed aluminum and just put your custom piece over it?

Last edited:
Can't you get a standard brushed aluminum and just put your custom piece over it?
I can but because it already will have the aluminum insert, my insert won't seat as nicely as I would like it to. I just don't understand why they will produce the over glove box piece with separate insert but don't have the instrument part with a separate insert. Do the wood grain insert kits go over the original camera case or aluminum?

I was looking for the same when I did mine 10 years ago and never found one. The only option that I can think of is that Burton Automotive makes the best quality reproduction 67/8 dash bezels with aluminum inserts installed. They show out of stock on them right now, but you might want to contact them to see if they will sell you just the chrome bezel. I'd be curious to know if they would, and if so will the original aluminum insert work with it. If I remember right, the originals have the aluminum over a steel backer that has tabs that lock into the bezel, where as some of the aftermarket aluminum is glued or double sided taped to the bezel.

I was looking for the same when I did mine 10 years ago and never found one. The only option that I can think of is that Burton Automotive makes the best quality reproduction 67/8 dash bezels with aluminum inserts installed. They show out of stock on them right now, but you might want to contact them to see if they will sell you just the chrome bezel. I'd be curious to know if they would, and if so will the original aluminum insert work with it. If I remember right, the originals have the aluminum over a steel backer that has tabs that lock into the bezel, where as some of the aftermarket aluminum is glued or double sided taped to the bezel.
Good idea. I was thinking that I may have to reach out to a vendor for a contact who makes and installs the inserts in a hope to get a bezel without the insert....
I've seen custom cars with the original style bezel but the center portion has been painted to match the interior and it doesn't have the camera case texture. I can only assume they bought the one with an insert and removed it or sanded down the texture of the camera case style.....
I'll try Burton too.

have one made with a stereolithography machine. There are chrome looking finished you can get if the lead above doesn't pan out.

not expensive - the thing is to get the design into a format they will need to work with. might be easier to find someone who can sell you an off the shelf item.

not expensive - the thing is to get the design into a format they will need to work with. might be easier to find someone who can sell you an off the shelf item.
Think I'll go the easier route and hope for the best or either ditch the idea or find another way to make it work.

Back