• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cleveland EFI

Grabber70Mach

So I have been away from working on my car for way to long, but it doesn't go to say that I haven't been thinking/planning on what I want to do.

The car is a 70 Mach 1, originally a M code 4BBL Cleveland with a C6. Last thing I was working on was swapping in an AOD. Started putting the AOD in and that's where life happen and progress stopped. So the AOD is bolted in, need to finish the coolant lines and TV cable set up. Still debating on swapping the VB for one of the Constant pressure ones from SilverFox. Fuel tank leaks so plan on getting the Aeromotive Stealth II tank. Looking at the Holley Sniper setup, getting it installed and running with my current ignition setup that's a MSD ignition box (it's the 6 series), MSD distributor and coil. Possible in the future after it's running, swapping to the Holley ignition setup that intregrates with the Sniper. Questioning intake choices, at the moment I have a Edelbrock dual plane just not sure which one, plan on verifying that this weekend. Debating if I should go with a single plane to help with idle issues I've read about with this style EFI and dual plane intakes. Thoughts? Oh and the rear gear is a 3.73 limited slip. If going with a Single plane I'm currently looking at a Edlebrock Torker I can possibly score for a little over 100 or a Holley Street Dominator that is about twice the cost. Car also has a shaker that isn't going to not be used. Car is mainly a cruiser and I would like to eventually do some HRPT events or things of that sort with it

I have zero issues with idling with an Air Gap dual plane and a FiTech EFI. I read the same stuff prior and was ready to battle it but never an issue once the system had a bit of time to learn. For a cruiser I would stick to the dual plane and the benefit of better lower end. The engine still has to pull in the air same as with a carb so the same principles of dual vs single apply.

I talk to everyone I see running a FiTech or Sniper at cruise nights and shows. Came across a few who tried both. Hear a lot of the same woes with each. It's usually more about the whole package and the guy putting it together at the root of the issues. Not saying they are perfect but I can say mine runs and performs well. Still have some kinks to work out but that's on me to take the time to data log and understand what needs to be tuned.

The one thing just about EVERYONE has said is that using either to do the timing sucks. Can't get it to work right and just makes everything else that much harder to tune. I have never even considered it in my set-up.

Back