• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Close Ratio Top Loader Value??

Johnny M

After deciding to go with a TKO Transmission i am now sellling my HEH-BT 1965 Mustang 289 close ratio Top Loader.

Can anyone give me an idea of what something like this is worth in the US. Its in good condition and I have a brand new Hurst Linkage and Hifter to go with it.

Thanks,

Johnny

Toploaders in good shape without shifters typically go for $650-$750. Shifter should add some value. Close ratio TLers may take you more time to sell, but it should also go for a few bucks more, as they typically are only desirable for those who go racing or want the original TL for their Shelby. Close Ratio TL's are consideed to be not street-friendly.

I recently bought an HEH-T (close ratio from a K code car) complete with Hurst shifter and linkage in mostly operable shape. Needs new seals and speedo cable drive gear, but otherwise in fantastic shape. I picked it up for $375:D I consider that an absolute steal. In the past, I've seen good wide ratio units sans shifter for $600-800, and rebuildable cores for $200-400. New, the Hurst shifter goes for about $200, plus another $150 or so for linkage. Used, maybe $200-250 for the whole setup, but that's just a rough guess.

Sold both the Top Loaders for just over $800 and got $320 for the Shifter and Linkage.

Safe to say the funds have gone straight back into the project.

Back