• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coilover vs Shelby drop

67stang

Thinking in the future which set up is trebly better and why and hopefully from direct experience:

1. Bilstein font coil over (or similar)

Vs

2. Shelby drop 1 inch lowering springs, bilstein shocks, and with upgraded uppers Lower(no rubber bushings) and struts rods with no rubber bushings.

So my last 67fb I had option 2. I thought it was a pretty nice ride. Of course everyone says coil overs are the best and a much better street ride. But is it really that much noticeable and worth the extra 1200$ ish?

Anyone have direct experience with the above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mcpherson front setup ? When keeping the UCA , you have to do the shelby drop , coilover or not. IMHO.

Option #2 is everything you need to have a GREAT street car. Shawn at Street or Track makes an awesome coil over front suspension kit but it is not necessary on the street or even weekend road course kind of fun.

Do the Arning drop coupled with rollerized components (lower arms, spring perches, idler arm) adjustable strut rods and a shorter/stouter spring and you will have a car you really can't get into trouble with. It will handle like a modern sports car.

d2fa41789840954022405899e2629b9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Shaun's coilover setup on the fastback. Haven't driven it yet, but everything is top notch. I had your option #2 on my coupe and it was great, handled amazing.

As for which one to put on your car, depends on what you want out of the car. The coilover will allow height adjustability and provide probably the most comfort and performance out of just about any options for our cars. But, it does cost considerably more.

Back