• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dallas Mustang Parts

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Looks like they went out of business. I have not been ther is about a year and was close at lunch so I thought I drop by for a few things. The building was empty and for rent. Called the 1-800 number and it just does not connect (No message). Wish I new, would of liked to at least say goodby to some old frieds,. Been going there since 85.

Not sure on the date, pretty sure it was this past weekend.

This is what he posted:

According to the auction, there was about $750K in inventory, but I do not know if this included shelving, engine stands, tools, mops and brooms etc. For clarity, I focused only on the items labeled as PARTS, and there were a few tools, etc. incorrectly tagged with that description.

Net sales of parts only was $57400

42 different people (or companies) bid

Parts had about 270 auction lots.

Highest number of lots by any one bidder was 36, then 33, then 21, and so forth.

Highest paid by a single bidder (before 10% fee and sales tax, if applicable) was $8961, then $5838, and then $4280, and so forth.

Least lots won was 1 by several people.

Cheapest lot was $6, a large pallet rack shelf of brand new exhaust pipes.

Most expensive lot was $1800, and was Flow Master Axle Back Stainless systems.

3 Most expensive lots, maybe more, were all late model.

There were a lot of sleepers, and stuff that probably was not on inventory. For example, the 2 shelves that had sunvisors (about 30 pair for $66) also included another shelf, top of the racks in the warehouse, not visible without climbing up, included 2 sets of boxed 69 70 fastback louvers and a set of 79 - 92 louvers in the box.

There were 2 HUGE piles in the warehouse of empty parts shelf boxes, meaning there was no inventory for that part. Since a large number of the listings were labeled "Assorted Parts, Accessories, or Supplies, on X number of shelves, and the pictures were poor, it was a pig in a poke, unless you looked at each shelf or shelves. Some parts boxes might contain a decal or a couple fender bolts. Others had some high $$ stuff.

For many lots, it was tough to bid. For example, 1 lot was 2 shelves of Brake Rotors. There were 65 - 67, 68 - 73, some Boss 302's, 74 - 78, and so on, so there were rotors for V6's and late model Cobra's and 2020 Mustangs, in stock and specialty, all in one lot, so whomever bought it was getting 5 generations and a lot of subdivisions, in one lot. IMHO, it should have been split in at least 1/2.

There was a lot of horse trading in the parking lot (Late model guys who got some early model stuff trading with early guys with late model) or trading a 2 right 69 fender (out of 4 in the lot) to the guy for 2 left 69 fenders (He had won 5 lefts).

Took most of Dallas Mustang's decal off my stang. They used to give me a15% discount because of the sticker.

BackWindshield.jpg

Back