• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dallas Mustang

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
On 7/14 I ordered some kick panels w/speakers from this supplier who told me they had 2 pr in stock. Almost two weeks go by and I'm dying to get all my interior panels over to the painter including these particular panels so I called today. I find out that the panels are a drop ship and that they're a good 2 weeks out before shipping.

:wtf

They had already charged my credit card same day I ordered, yet not shipped? I never received an email or call about the delay. So I just canceled and ordered them from another supplier who also claims they have them in stock.

:po

Yep, that happens with them. They are pretty good with the info on the phone, but they seem to only stock one or two of some items. They do a brisk counter business along with phone and Internet orders. If you call for a stock check, they check the computer and tell you what it says. When they go back to the warehouse, it may not be there. I have called before and been told an item is in stock, driven over, asked at the counter, been told it is in stock, only then to find that there was no such item in stock. I even got an item once that had a postit note on it that said "hey dumbass, read the sku. This was in the wrong place. " They are my first call because they are local, if the shipping charge is less than the sales tax and i can wait I order from others. It is nice to be able to check out and judge the crappiness factor of a repop part before buying it.

"cmayna" said:
On 7/14 I ordered some kick panels w/speakers from this supplier who told me they had 2 pr in stock. Almost two weeks go by and I'm dying to get all my interior panels over to the painter including these particular panels so I called today. I find out that the panels are a drop ship and that they're a good 2 weeks out before shipping.

:wtf

They had already charged my credit card same day I ordered, yet not shipped? I never received an email or call about the delay. So I just canceled and ordered them from another supplier who also claims they have them in stock.

:po

I had the same experience with Dallas Mustang when I ordered my repro vent windows. I can't say I trust their "in stock" status. However, they did give me accurate info after I called to research the whereabouts of my parts.

"ko67" said:
They are my first call because they are local, if the shipping charge is less than the sales tax and i can wait I order from others. It is nice to be able to check out and judge the crappiness factor of a repop part before buying it.

I do the same thing. I really prefer to find a local vendor with whom I can establish a good business relationship. Now my local vendor gives me a decent discount AND I don't have to pay for shipping (as long as I'm not a rush). In the end, I usually get the best deal from my local vendor, and I like having a face to face business relationship, which I believe really helps with customer service.

I'm about an hour from them and had that happen to me once. I called, the part was in stock, when I got there it wasn't. After that, I always ask how many are in stock and would you go check to make sure. Most of the time, they have also offered to pull it and hold it till I get there.

I'm about 30 minutes from them and have had this happen numerous times, My baer brakes, a set of headers...... My ex-GFs uncle worked there for years that worked great as he would put his hands on the part before I drove all the way out there to pick them up. They still seemed to have limited availability. I ended up purchasing the majority of my Mustang specific stuff from (self edited before Mid found it...), between to two sites they seem to have almost everything in stock when I needed it. The only item i waited on was the Moto Lita, but every place was backordered at the time.

Well, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who's had issues with DM.

Thought maybe it was my breath... :craz

Bless you, Fast68Back. I have you in my green book, which allows you one bad thing to say about me in the future such that I don't bless you in return with a Curse.

Fast68back, now you have my curiosity peaked, but I'm afraid to ask about that vendor's name lest I be cursed...but, but, but, how am I to avoid the curse and that unnamed vendor if I don't know who it is??? What should happen if I order hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in parts, only to find out that a curse be laden on my beloved stang for ordering from an unnamed cursed vendor???

Couldn't you just tell us what it rhymes with?

"ZFORCE" said:
Fast68back, now you have my curiosity peaked, but I'm afraid to ask about that vendor's name lest I be cursed...but, but, but, how am I to avoid the curse and that unnamed vendor if I don't know who it is??? What should happen if I order hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in parts, only to find out that a curse be laden on my beloved stang for ordering from an unnamed cursed vendor???

Couldn't you just tell us what it rhymes with?
How about a PM to tell who the competing vendor might be?

Its actually in my post if you read into it.....how many Mustang places have 2 locations (on the east coast, north and south).....the large one with 3 initials has more than 2.... I'm sure ATLANTASteve uses them.....

I think the worst part about them is there standard shipping of 14.99, that's ok for certain stuff but when you need little items that don't even cost 15$ that's pretty stupid...

"Fast68back" said:
Its actually in my post if you read into it.....how many Mustang places have 2 locations (on the east coast, north and south).....the large one with 3 initials has more than 2.... I'm sure ATLANTASteve uses them.....
Rick's ability to give clever hints about where he buys parts for Mustangs is almost Unlimited.

That's too bad about Dallas Mustangs. They were on my vendor list incase I ever needed parts. Oh and that guy with the 70 Grande said he went to Dallas Mustangs a lot for parts for the Grande and he thought it was funny that when some of the guys there who are suppose to know Mustangs, never heard of a Grande.

Most, if not all of the guys at Dallas Mustang are late model guys. Now that Mike is gone there may be one guy that knows early cars and he only works weekends....

Back