• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Damn county sheriff deputies....

AzPete

Seems they like to sit behind buildings totally out of site while they sleep do paper work...... Wife and I are leaving the local Walgreens, go around the building between them and a large inside storage unit (4 lane wide drive) and I get on the '11 a bit. No tire spin, about 50 feet of travel, and I slow down for the stop sign on to the street. Pull out to the left, into the left turn lane, and wait for the light. Behind me is the idiot in the marked car, talking on his radio looking at our car. I told the wife....looks like he is pulling us over as we make the turn.

He comes to the window and says he had his windows up, on the side of the storage building and his car running and he heard my pipes......Bullcrap.....the stock system is not loud at all. Where he was sitting, the best he saw was the front of the car dropping as I let off the gas and stopped for the street. He also said he realized the lot was empty and I was just playing around.

No ticket, no written warning, just a word of be careful in parking lots. He must really have been bored.

As we pulled out, my wife and I both said at the same time, he should hear the '66.........

I'll bet that you would have gotten a ticket if you had been a 20 something male or a person of color rather than a person of experience. I would have gotten a ticket because I am a smarta$$. And an a$$hole attorney.

So the sheriff accepted your gift of a dozen doughnuts, eh?

I agree that he was just checking you out, and probably expecting to see a young hottie behind the wheel. Did he look disappointed?

"silverblueBP" said:
Pete's a scofflaw.

Yep....living on the edge....
"Midlife" said:
So the sheriff accepted your gift of a dozen doughnuts, eh?

I was wondering why he was rummaging around in the trunk.
"DEL65" said:
I agree that he was just checking you out, and probably expecting to see a young hottie behind the wheel. Did he look disappointed?

Never saw his face as he stood so far back from the open window, I was not going to twist around to face him......

He probably thought you were a teenager in Dad's car and was going to go for the exhibition ticked. Easy money on a kid.

I am sure he didn't expect a grumpy old man....Hehehehe

Somehow I wish it was the 66...that would be funny!

Mel

Back