• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

DAMN!!!!

midpack

I was "massaging" the poorly fitting PS drop down bracket with pressure and a BFH to fit my Coupe project, when I broke my Vise of all things.... :bash

It was a nice old heavy Athol bench vise that's been in the family (was my Dads) for at least 50 years...

So I guess I'm in the market for a replacement, who makes a good sturdy bench Vise nowadays? Or would I be better off to try and find an old one...

What do you guys have in the Garage?

I had both a new one and an old one, both purchased by my Dad. The old one was real old. When it came to down sizing, I got rid of the new and kept the old. Much better quality. I would look for an old one if I were you.

old one, I always prefer one with a little age to it due to the fact it's been tested, knows how to handle the equipment and can apply the proper amount of pressure when needed.

I have been in the market for a new vice myself. Been looking around and all i find are the cheap China made ones. I am going to have to start looking at the more high end ones to find one I think will last.

Check the auction sites, the place that did the Unique performance bancruptcy auction had a bunch of tables with Vises and grinders, etc mounted on them that they were auctioning off. In these economic times, there are a lot of places going under that have been around for years and have a bunch of stuff they are getting rid of.

These are the guys that did Unique, browse thru some of there stuff or maybe you can find a similar outfit close to you
http://www.rosensystems.com/

Heres one
loneoak0039.JPG

http://www.rosensystems.com/auctionitem.php?id=78849

I have great trouble breaking my vices: smoking, carousing, and drinking. All of these are reasonably old. I'm thinking of getting another vice...any advice?

"Midlife" said:
I have great trouble breaking my vices: smoking, carousing, and drinking. All of these are reasonably old. I'm thinking of getting another vice...any advice?
I see no mention of gambling here, and you don't mention womanizing, but.....

"70_Fastback" said:
How about "cursing"....?

And I don't mean of the verbal type/ :zip

The Curse of Midlife is not a vice; it is a huge advantage when used correctly.

Back