• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dang shifter lights...

AzPete

Needed to get the shifter light working in the center console so the wife can see which gear she is in at night. Well, first thing is to re-align the console because the two screws on the front of the shifter indicator are under the edge of the opening. Also, the shifter drags on the drivers side of the slot. OK, got that done and plus the storage door light now works (wire blocking the switch function) so onto the shifter.

Got the light out and discovered the ground wire was busted right at the connection on the bulb. If any of you know of this light mounting style (same as non console), you will know it is a crimped fit to the housing and molded to the wire. No repair at this time. Also, the bulb is blown out. Checked things and power is there as it should be. Put in a bulb and did a back yard grounding system for now and got things working. Will have to locate a good light socket for that someday.

Also added a glove box light.....

Dang, Pete, you're doin' it to it! :ecit I like your posts, but I'm almost thinking you should have a build thread going. :lol

Thanks, I like to give as much info as possible.

Not enough to call it a build......, maybe just a fixin' things thread. :lol :lol

I probably have a bulb socket to replace the broken one, or I can solder a ground wire back onto it if I don't.

It'll cost you some Wattles, however...

It'll cost you some Wattles, however...
[/quote]

Now that's a high price to pay. :lol :lol :lol

You have no idea of the value of Wattles locally. There has been a shortage lately and Mid's wife wants her share of it too. I had to track down the stores and distributors to try and get some delivered. Hopefully it will be in on Monday and we will have a deal on some light work.....

:nk
unload018.jpg

Back