• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Delta, the way to.....

AzPete

....separate a traveler from the luggage. The wife and daughter are sooooooo pissed. Wife had to fly to Tuscon, Az. for a workman's comp claim that is ongoing. The state of Az. bought the tickets for her and my daughter as an assistant in traveling. They left PC, Fl. yesterday with no problems, nearly missed the connection in Atl. due to timing. Got in to Tucson, NO LUGGAGE. Of course, Delta has no idea where it is. Offered them $25.00 for the lost bag. Yea, that set my daughter off real good. She raised h*** about having to pay $15 to fly a bag that was lost........ Then if it is found, they will not bring it to the hotel. My wife's only transportation is provided by the state to transport her to the appointments.

That was yesterday. Today, Delta says the luggage is in Tucson, but they don't know where it was placed. Daughter is calling them every 30 min. They return home early Thus. so I doubt if the bag will catch up for at least a week.

So far, they spent a bunch just to get the minimum things they need. My wife should be in good condition for a medical exam on Wed. Some of her pain pills are in the luggage. She carried on all her other pills but she is still in some un-needed pain.

I would not want to be a Delta Customer Relations employee today.....

Might even have to discuss this problem with the lawyer the wife is using. Hmmmmm

Well, they finally found the luggage. It had a free trip to Indianapolis. My daughter raised enough he** that they had it delivered from the airport. The luggage got to my wife so she had everything needed to see the Drs. that Az. is requiring her to see. Now, if the luggage will just come straight home like they plan on.... We will see on Thurs.

DELTA: Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Our local Delta carrier: ASA aka America's Sorriest Airline.

Panama City has the lowest on-time arrival and departure rates of any commercial airport in the US, typically hovering about 50%.

"Midlife" said:
DELTA: Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Our local Delta carrier: ASA aka America's Sorriest Airline.

Panama City has the lowest on-time arrival and departure rates of any commercial airport in the US, typically hovering about 50%.

Come on Mid, maybe it's Panama City and not the airline. It's hard to run on time when 40 out 50 passengers need wheelchairs, and the other 10 try to board drunk. :rofl

"monkeystash" said:
Come on Mid, maybe it's Panama City and not the airline. It's hard to run on time when 40 out 50 passengers need wheelchairs, and the other 10 try to board drunk. :rofl

Man....knocking my wife for needing a wheel chair to make it around the air port......

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I know, gotta pull your chain a bit.

She does use a chair just to relieve her knee pain and make the trip faster. We always joke about it.

Delta, the way to.....Pittsburg

Oh that is sooo good to know seeing that I am flying on Delta next Tuesday with my 15 year old daughter. That 15 bucks a bag thing just blows, so we are taking one big bag and a carry on each. From my past traveling I know to bring the important stuff on the plane with me. This is MY vacation, visit friends and family, take in a Pirate game and go see the Steelers practice. fd

Attach a automated camera to the outside of your checked baggage. That way, you will have pictures of a completely unknown place when you are re-united with your luggage. :rofl

When I got back from Michigan last Friday we were taxiing to the gate and as we turned to pull in I noticed a suitcase laying in the middle of the tarmac.....

To early to have been my wifes........

This entire trip has been one thing after another for them.

Extremely short time between flights in Atl.
Lost Luggage on Mon, returned on Wed.
Filthy state rented shuttle service
Shuttle left them at DES for over an hour
Last night, my daughter found out she has kidney stones..doubled over in pain..4 hours in emergency room and cannot make flight out today due to pain
Wife threatens to sue hosp. because of slow service.....got a doctor quick then
Shuttle service comes to hotel after being cancelled and supervisor shows up to chew out driver in front of everybody
Cannot use state provided shuttle to get medication....lucky wifes brother was in town.
Delta has hard time getting them on a new return flight, no word yet of return time
Daughter drugged up for the pain

So glad they are having a wonderful time.........This was supposed to be a Mon. pm thru Thur. pm trip..........

Retirement is great...really it is......really.....

I moved my return trip from business up from Saturday (first class upgrade!) to Friday. Only assigned seat available is at 7AM flight from Washington National. I'm 1.5 hours away, so guess when I'll be leaving? Oh, and there's no assignable seat from Atlanta to Panama City (e.g. flights are overbooked). Been there, done that...lots of waiting and no guarantee. It's a 5 hour drive from Atlanta to PC, so instead of flying, I'll be driving. Should be home at the same time as if they would only move my flight schedule up by one day.

I always carry the very essential items in my carryon: laptop, certain work-related items, cigs, glasses, etc. I can always survive by going to a store and buying clothes, toilet-related articles, etc.

Flying is so much fun...NOT!

Well, they got their new schedule. Leave in the am, go to Alt., and into Tallahassee at 4 eastern time. Nothing connected to PC at all now. I will pick them up in Tall. and drive home. 2 hour, 1 way. I will be cruisin' with the top down at least on the way over. Tickets run $161 per extra which is stupid. We are hoping the state of Az. will cover that plus my trip but I have major doubts with that....... Oh well, it will be good to have the better half home, food and clothes are running out.....gotta get more beer.

Back