• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Did my christmas thing at work today

Flysure1

Nothing like blowing my own horn, I have for several years now cooked the same dinner for our work force around Christmas time, I make a 32 quart cooker of ham and bean soup for the drivers, operators and a few office people,(around 20) I make mine with smoked bone in ham (deboned), carrots, onions, potatos, navy, baby lima, and great northern beans, and for the secrete ingredient--several tablesoons of tobasco sauce---lots of cornbread also--mmmm---mmmm---mmm

I'll bet there was nothing left over, eh?

You're a good man, Mr. Flysure

I sent the left over (not a whole bunch left) home with two of the unmarried drivers who really appreciated it!---The real reason for the season is giving. A local bank has a tree every year with boys and girls ages on a tag and their wishes, we just last year for the first time took a name and we bought everything the 12 year old had on his list, when a kid asks for snow boots and gloves for christmas he really needs things, I was almost brought to tears when buying for him,(we got him other than clothes also) it is not as much as a lot of people do but it makes you feel good knowing you might have made a little difference in someones life. Enough horn blowing for now.

That's a very thoughtful thing to do Rod. I'm sure it was well received and appreciated.

Now, get your ass down here and do it for MY drivers! ;D

I might get kind as far south as southern Georgia this March to go fishing with my buddy for a few days in the atlantic. Some day I will have to get to your area when looking for a retirement area, I am liking winter less and less every year!

Back