• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Disabling Anti-Theft Alarm System

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
My 2006 has the factory anti-theft alarm system, and it has gone off by itself at least 3 times---horns blaring. Anyone know how to disable this thing, other than leaving the doors unlocked?

Haven't had any direct familiarity with the S197s, but the system on both my daughters 98 and my wife's 2000 have had problems.
In the case of the Excursion, there's a sensitivity dial on an under-dash module that's meant to be easy to get to. She had a similar problem and by adjusting that, it fixed it.

Well, I have the Shop Manual and decided to look in there for clues. It explains that the anti-movement (interior and exterior) sensors can only be de-activated by locking the car with the key in the door. Locking the car with the remote or with the door lock button while the door is open activates everything. This is NOT explained in the owner's manual.

Looks like I'll be changing my locking habits from now on.

I just read that from another site. It seems like there should be a fuse or wire you could remove to disable it and still have the rest function ok. Of course, the schematics for these cars are sooooo easy to read too.

The sensors are up in the roof console/map area, just behind the windshield. Beats me where they put it in convertibles...

Back