• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

DIY sequential tail lights?

Kats66Pny

For a late model mustang.. 94-04. Possible? :confu

Gertrude already has the kit, but I was thinking for my 03 GT. A friend told me last night he found a kit that requires cutting 2 wires and splicing in some others for like $50. Most of the plug and play kits are $130+ which I would prefer not to spend. If there was a way to make it spending $50 or less..well that I might be willing to do.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-2004-Musta ... eo&vxp=mtr

Anyone have any idea what that kit actually has and if the stuff can be made with items from a local auto parts store?

The timing devices will be the hard part for the DIY project. Those are programmed from a computer from what I was told. I had a set timers like that on the rear vert windows of our '07 GT Vert to make them one touch. Had problems with them running to long (they were an early set )and being hard on the motors. The company had me return them and they said they had to re-time them on the computer. They returned the same set and they worked great so I assume they were truthful on the info they gave me.

At the price, I would just buy them. Doubt you will find much stuff cheaper.

Back