• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Does anyone have experience with this gauge cluster?

steveh326

Due to fire at the shop that's doing my rust repairs, I need to replace my gauge cluster (among many other things). I could go stock, but since the rest of the car will be modded, I like this one from MU, at half the price of the similar JME units:

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy ... T1=GC4E+01

Does anyone have any experience with it or anything similar? Do the gauges use the standard 194 type bulbs?

Between rust and fire if I can ever get my 66 back on the road I think I'll name it PHOENIX...lol.

Looks like the same exact cluster I am looking at from MU, you are correct... many thanks for the link... will same me a couple bucks too.

Does anyone have experience with the MP products gauge cluster? If it's just 'ok', I'll save up for the JME/Autometer solution instead. I know I can't go wrong with the Autometer gauges, it'll just delay my interior completion for a while till the funds are saved up.

I have used them in two '66 Coupes. I liked them. The bezel is a bit flexible without the gauges mounted but is not a problem. I think a few others here have them too. I never had any issues with the setup. Install and wiring was easy with a single plug to use if removing the cluster. Customer service and pricing has always been great there too. I would use them again without hesitation.

I'm using one of their bezels in my car. I bought the gauges of my choice and wired it up myself. Very happy with the finished product.

"Horseplay" said:
I'm using one of their bezels in my car. I bought the gauges of my choice and wired it up myself. Very happy with the finished product.

actually I had a 'duh' moment and thought of this also. I think this may be the best solution for me, that way I can use the gauges I want. Thanks for the idear !

Hmmm.... Might get something like that for my 68 Mustang.
Not sure if I would go with the 6 guage or the standard 5 guage though.

RME

I know my original question was about a gauge cluster, but I saw another unrelated post on another forum about Speedhut gauges. they look pretty nice, highly customizable for your preferences. I may go with these gauges because I can design them with whatever look I want. I wasn't aware these existed until I read that post the other day:

http://www.speedhut.com/

Back