• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Don't Bother Posting Here.....

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
I titled this thread as I did because that's what will now show on the main page. Did I do it to cause trouble? No. It's a statement on how "useful" this section is for getting a question answered regarding the site. It appears that while Emilio pops on the site for a look occasionally, any involvement beyond that just ain't happening.

BTW, my question was pretty straight forward. To bad it's been posted since last Oct with not so much as an F.U. Thanks!

I honestly don't blame Emilio. The problem is this once great site has fallen into ruin. Not because of the site management. Look at the activity level. Used to be we had ten to fifteen guys posting virtually all day long. Now we see maybe a post or two...in a single day. Crazy. There are still quite a few familiar names that pop up now and again but many of their voices are rarely heard. Quite a few old friends became tired of some of the stuff around here and drifted away. I myself left for quite a while. It simply lost the feel it had for so many years.

One thing I can point to that is alarming to me is the lack of mustang technical chatter. This was once THE place to go to find the answer to the tougher technical questions. There were always lots of projects and builds going on. Now we have only a couple guys with builds posting on a regular basis. Maybe when spring hits and the weather warms the place will pick up.

I've made a number of friends here at the Fix that go beyond faceless people to whom I send a post response. I hope that our little place can recover and we are able to bring more into the fold. I challenge you old timers to speak up more. Rejoin the party!

I honestly don't blame Emilio. The problem is this once great site has fallen into ruin. Not because of the site management. Look at the activity level. Used to be we had ten to fifteen guys posting virtually all day long. Now we see maybe a post or two...in a single day. Crazy. There are still quite a few familiar names that pop up now and again but many of their voices are rarely heard. Quite a few old friends became tired of some of the stuff around here and drifted away. I myself left for quite a while. It simply lost the feel it had for so many years.

One thing I can point to that is alarming to me is the lack of mustang technical chatter. This was once THE place to go to find the answer to the tougher technical questions. There were always lots of projects and builds going on. Now we have only a couple guys with builds posting on a regular basis. Maybe when spring hits and the weather warms the place will pick up.

I've made a number of friends here at the Fix that go beyond faceless people to whom I send a post response. I hope that our little place can recover and we are able to bring more into the fold. I challenge you old timers to speak up more. Rejoin the party!

Sorry Terry, but I do blame Emilio for his lack of concern and response, specifically to THIS forum. He took the site over, made a bunch of changes and then left it to wither on the vine. Did you ever think that maybe there's a link between the decline in activity since he took it over versus how much activity there used to be?

Even if Emilio has no direct concern in what's going on in the other forums of the site, he does have a responsibility for/to the site overall. I asked a simple question in the one forum that he should be monitoring and responding to. He's been online since the question was asked. In over 4 months not so much as an "I don't know", "get bent", "live with it" or an F.U.?!

Like Dale said, it is indeed sad!

Sorry Terry, but I do blame Emilio for his lack of concern and response, specifically to THIS forum. He took the site over, made a bunch of changes and then left it to wither on the vine. Did you ever think that maybe there's a link between the decline in activity since he took it over versus how much activity there used to be?

Even if Emilio has no direct concern in what's going on in the other forums of the site, he does have a responsibility for/to the site overall. I asked a simple question in the one forum that he should be monitoring and responding to. He's been online since the question was asked. In over 4 months not so much as an "I don't know", "get bent", "live with it" or an F.U.?!

Like Dale said, it is indeed sad!
You know John, I can't say you are wrong. And re-reading my post I didn't do the best job of expressing my thoughts, maybe. I agree, Emilio could do more (something!). I wonder if we still had a Stang of the month if that alone wouldn't help a bit.

What i did notice since posting is what i was talking about. For example, Laurie "liked" a post but failed to chime in with one of her own. That is what i see a lot of. Many of the old guard are still around but virtually silent. Is that in response to just the site neglect or is there a deeper problem?

I certainly wish Could answer your question Terry. There are a handful still left for sure. But as you described, very few posting. I think I can speak for all of us that are still around when I say, I sure miss the old days!

Honestly, I have nothing to post about really. I still have the mustang and fairlane, but have absolutely no money or time to do anything with them. Rarely post in the political forum, as I'm sick of politics.

Im in the same boat here. Frankenstang is sitting in the garage waiting for some money to be spent on it, but that wont be happening here while the OZ economy is sinking faster than Hilarys looks and charm.

Alright...go ahead and say it...it's all my fault. My illness has sucked the life right out of this place.

I'd post about my re-restoration of the 66, but I'm afraid word would leak out about how much more awesome the car is now and the race clubs would ban me : > )

You know John, I can't say you are wrong. And re-reading my post I didn't do the best job of expressing my thoughts, maybe. I agree, Emilio could do more (something!). I wonder if we still had a Stang of the month if that alone wouldn't help a bit.

What i did notice since posting is what i was talking about. For example, Laurie "liked" a post but failed to chime in with one of her own. That is what i see a lot of. Many of the old guard are still around but virtually silent. Is that in response to just the site neglect or is there a deeper problem?

Site neglect.

Every group needs a leader. Our leader left us. That kinda sucked all the energy out. A real morale killer. So we all just mill around like inmates at the asylum waiting for someone to bring us our medication.

It was all Bush's fault...I swear it!

You know what really bother's me? The OP didn't spell "bother" in the title correctly. *sigh*

Alright...go ahead and say it...it's all my fault. My illness has sucked the life right out of this place.
Ha! IMHO Mark, the updates you have provided have HELPED
It was all Bush's fault...I swear it!

You know what really bother's me? The OP didn't spell "bother" in the title correctly. *sigh*

Maybe some wise guy moderator modified it. Did ya think of that?!?

Maybe it was a test to see if anyone even reads the titles. Did ya ever think of that.... huh,huh?!? :rolleyes:

Test is over, it's fixed...ummmm, changed. Are ya happy now?;)

BTW, I agree with Randy 100% about your posts Mark, and I thank you for sharing. If anything they added life to the site!

Back