• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Don't break your button!

Dne'

I bought a Ridgid #345 double flaring tool to do my flares on my Mustang brake lines. tEH TOOL IS GREAT! On the last line I broke the little 3/16" button, the little shaft that goes into the brakeline snapped~ my fault! , Fortunately my other kit from summit saved the day by using its 3/16" in my Ridgid. I finally got around to calling Ridgid.com as I was instructed, and the first guy didn't even know what I was talking about, "the button?", just looking at it would be easy to break if set in wrong! He said I would have to buy the bar and the buttons for around 50.oo! "You mean the entire kit?", so I asked to speak to his supervisor,(I'm starting to fume at this point) and just as equally inadequate as the geek I had spoke with! :expl I ususally don't get upset, I WAS UPSET! :expl

I finally called the place where I had bought the tool and explained, and the man understood, www.CoastalTool.com, and the guy totally knew what I was talking about(regarding the button) including the geeks as mentioned earlier! I ordered six of the buttons~ just don't want to be without! lol Blood pressure went back to normal! End of story. :pbj
dne'

Yep, I've broken the 3/16ths (small) one once or twice. The "nipple" is made of a hardened steel of some sort and doesn't like to be bent off of the "button".

Back