• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Door skin replaced finally

KTJMcG

After going a week without touching the door,I finally got it skinned today.All thats left is to put it on and line it up and weld it.

Some notes:
The Door Zipper almost worked as advertised. I found out you really have to get the bend going with a body hammer before use. After you bend the metal slightly,It works fine. It is what it is though,a $25 tool. It came apart on me twice before I was finished with it.

When I do the passenger side I won't drill holes before I start to bend. Theres a few spots I'll have to fix that bent funny when I made the first pass with it.

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

First pass with the Zipper
DSC01083.jpg

second pass
DSC01085.jpg

DSC01086.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

The finished door
DSC01089.jpg

"lethal289" said:
looks great! Thanks for the update.

+1
Could you elaborate on what you mean by the tool came apart twice? Was it the nylon head separating from the metal shaft? If so, did you figure out why? Thanks again for keeping us updated!

"Ponyman66" said:
+1
Could you elaborate on what you mean by the tool came apart twice? Was it the nylon head separating from the metal shaft? If so, did you figure out why? Thanks again for keeping us updated!

Like the hole slightly enlarged and popped off twice.I might have had more to do with it by hitting the trigger before touchin metal with it. :roll

Now the fun part. Cutting the door handle mounts off and shaving it.

Got it mounted and forgot I had a Drs. appointment. There's a 1/2 hours wait to listen to 15 minutes of "You should be eating healther" I'll never get back.
Does need a bit of tweaking to get in,But I am extremely happy with it.

DSC01095.jpg

Yeah,I know,Clean my workspace!

Back