• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Driveline components 67 Hydraulic clutch

Dne'

Hi, dne' here!
I have been working for months on this hydraulic clutch with Red Roberts of Driveline components. Below is my blog about it, I've gone over and over it, just writing the blog has take a lot of time. I've installed it, but my power booster died and just now got it, but my back has messed up, so it'll be a few days before I can get back to it. See what y'all think? I don't get anything out of it other than just being involved in the making of something of which I've enjoyed;)

OK, I got an email from Red, that the part can be purchased at www.racetuning.com. The person there is Jeff and his phone is 619.261.8565, however, I actually don't know if the part is on the market yet, Red said it would go into production after I pretty much was satisfied;)

Last edited:
Thank you John! BTW, I have yet to figure out, is there a difference between the 67 and 68 clutch pedals? I mention in the blog that it's for a 67. What's the deal?;)
dne'

I forgot to mention that Red is wanting someone with a 65-66 Mustang to do the same thing as I did pretty much. One of you guys could probably knock this out quicker than I did!

Thank you John! BTW, I have yet to figure out, is there a difference between the 67 and 68 clutch pedals? I mention in the blog that it's for a 67. What's the deal?;)
dne'

I forgot to mention that Red is wanting someone with a 65-66 Mustang to do the same thing as I did pretty much. One of you guys could probably knock this out quicker than I did!
I did one on my 65 but have sold it.

I'll never own a classic without putting a hydraulic clutch in it.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you John! BTW, I have yet to figure out, is there a difference between the 67 and 68 clutch pedals?
If my old memory serves me right...

The 68 collapsible steering column reqires the breake and clutch pedals to have a larger bend to get around it.

Thanks Mel, John;)
Oh, I forgot about collapsible steering columns, guess you're right about that. On my 67, I took out the stock column/gear box and just had to buy a rack n pinion, looking back, wish I had kept the original column. Darn "upgrades anyway". I really need a new column as the Flaming river one, well, under 6' of Harvey flood water for two weeks got the bearings, funny the electrical still works. It's working for now, but alas, another thing to do.
dne'

Maybe someone will pop up with a 65-66 and want to get involved with Red;)

Back