• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Drivers seat problems

70 StangMan

Donator
My brother has a '07 like mine and asked me if anyone has had problems with the up and down controls on the drivers seat ?? His has stopped doing that and Ford told him it would cost $800.00 to replace the entire mechanism under the seat and that it wasn't just a part they could fix. Couldn't or wouldn't ?? Anyone have this problem ??

From my experience with the newer power seats and Ford, the parts are not made for individual sale. They replaced 3 racks on my '11 for one seat adjustment motor. Said the time it takes to repair one is not worth the cost. R&R requires no trouble shooting for a specific issue....something fails, replace the whole item. Look into salvage yards or check out some of the on line seat sales locations and get an entire rack around $30-50 from what I found a year ago.

I feel any rack is repairable IF you can get parts....

I also think the motors are interchangeable between most years so if you locate an older one, it just might be worth getting.

As an aside, removing the seats usually requires replacing the front seat bolts, as they are a single-use cut thread design. I had to find a metric tap and find a replacement bolt.

"AzPete" said:
I feel any rack is repairable IF you can get parts....

I went through a few different power seat tracks for my SN95 because those were just really poorly built.
I had trouble rebuilding them because they use an assembly technique that isn't bolted together...more like they smash the ends of rods to hold stuff together. I guess it's good for mass production, but a pain for the DIYer.

Back