• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

EFI and Muffler Sound Query

Hi all

So I've done a bunch of work to my 65 Stang including EFI (went for FiTech) works like a dream.

I've also replaced my 1 muffler with the Magnaflow 2" piece. My exhaust is the oem 1 pipe that's hidden.

Car drives amazing, but I just say that it does not sound as nice and raw anymore. It's become more of a refined German bmw V8 sound rather than a raw American musclecar sound, even at idle. Did the magnaflow muffler do this? How can i get the old sound style back again with my current kit? Mind you I don't care about power and I also don't want something crazy loud either.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

JB

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Right, so I've pulled the trigger on Hooker LT headers (3") and Magnaflow street performance full dual exhaust system (2.5") 15815.

I'm hoping no drone and most of all, I'm hoping it's not gonna be too loud (excessively loud) but rather a nice growl. If it's gonna be too loud, I'll add resonators I guess!

Anyone have such a set up on their 289? My car is EFI BTW.

I have Doug's tri-Y's and a Magnaflow American thunder system which includes an X-pipe. I like the sound and it provides enough 'loud' to notice it, but is quiet enough that you can have a conversation while cruising down the highway.

I have Doug's tri-Y's and a Magnaflow American thunder system which includes an X-pipe. I like the sound and it provides enough 'loud' to notice it, but is quiet enough that you can have a conversation while cruising down the highway.
Any drone?

Don't forget that if you do get a drone, you must register it with the FAA...just warning you!

Back