• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eleanor Restomod, any pics out there?

scubadds

I just got my '67 shell back from body shop after two years, one of those horror stories in progress....

I bought a E kit two years ago, and am planning a build soon.
I guess its not truly an eleanor if you add on some eleanor fiberglass and do a restomod. But I thought this the appropriate place to ask.
Just drove my friends Unique Eleanor, hoping to build something along those lines; but its a small town and I don't want to be too similar...

I was brainstorming, thinking of using Eleanor front end, side pieces and rear end; but deleting the upper cowl vent and perhaps the side scoop (hope my terms are correct)
Maybe deleting the upper vent all together, or putting the "Reactor" upper vent in.
Considering shaving drip rails and filling key holes, possibly door handles etc.; Blackening the remaining trim and vent windows.
Anyone seen anything similar or at least an Eleanor with deleted side scoops?
Thanks for any comments

Hmmm..... I've seen "Eleanors" missing all kinds of items that one could argue would be "required" in order to be considered an "Eleanor car". Some have argued that without the "as pictured in the movie" go-baby-go button the car isn't really an "Eleanor". Seriously?

It all comes down to what you want to do with the car. If you want to delete the upper and lower side scoops... have at it! I don't think it would look "right" with uppers installed and not lowers though... on the other hand it's my opinion that it would look fine with lowers installed and not uppers.... but installing the uppers is easy when compared to the lowers.

Thanks Dave,
your sons black car looks awesome. Hadn't seen the pics since it was finished.

I guess I could start on the lower pieces and evaluate.
I've still got some rust spots to repair before I get there, some swiss chees in a few areas after media blasting
Thanks

Welcome aboard!
Glad to see you over here. This is a great group of people. (Im saying that because they have me at gunpoint) :roll

:yah

Look forward to seeing your posts. We all like pictures

Back