• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Electric PC fan questions

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So I have 2 fans from a an old tower computer...long gone.

Is there a way to power a fan with batteries (D,C, AA, AAA, 6V)? How would I do this?
My plan is to use one to circulate the air inside the RVs fridge (helps keep temps). Of course if the battery only lasts a short time it would be useless.

Fan #1
DC Brushless...DC 12v / 0.51A ZP / -6M93 YZY
thin gauge wires connected to quick connect black / red / yellow / blue

Fan #2
DC Brushless....DC 12v / 0.30A ZP / -C715 FS
thins gauge wires connected to quick connect blue / red / black

Thanks

M

Last edited:
Is that for in your trailer ?? Doesn't your airstreamer have any onboard battery ?
Or do i miss something ?

Yes
Yes
No electrical connections INSIDE the fridge. I'm talking about small batteries we use for such things as flashlights, radios.
The air circulating inside the fridge helps cooling and thus less power needed to run it.

You're first post said it was for a TV Fridge...I think you meant the RV fridge. Have you tried asking Young Sheldon?

I'd think something for a large remote control plane or such would work. Rechargeable lithium type might be best.

Buy a new Ford Lightning: it can power a whole house, according to the recent TV ad! You need a truck anyway.

So , a fan INSIDE the fridge. But, when using batteries , they have to be charged once in awhile !
Why don't you install the fan inside the fridge , drill a very small hole for the wires , use a small switch with light indicator so you seen when it works/runs , and connect it to the RV's battery through a fuse ?
Or you can hook up the fan with a relay which is controlled by the compressor of the fridge.
When the compressor runs , the fan runs also ??

You think I know what I'm doing? I don't. :p
Thus the question....not looking to burn the trailer to the ground.

No stangfixer with electrical skills in your neigborhood ?

After reading this thread again , a question came up.

Has the compressor of the fridge enough ventilation ?? IOW has the condensor (radiator) in the back of the fridge enough airflow ??

my2cent

I bought a small fan in a cheap plastic box for this purpose. It uses 2 D cell batteries which last more than a month. Changing out 2 batteries isn't a problem. This fan is a little delicate, meaning sometimes it doesn't work (simple wire or plastic fan jamming). The fridge is vented outside.

I was just hoping to make a sturdier version with fans that are meant to stay ON all the time.

Son in law did this on his absorption fridge. He popped out either the fridge interior light or the switch for that light (I'd have to ask) and discovered there was a constant 12 volt there, just switched for the light. He then tied in two small fans there. Easy. He added two small fans (a better fit than one big one) to blow across the outside coils and believes those actually gave him more performance. But he runs all of them. Since they are in there and he never boondocks off the battery.

Back