• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ending the suspense-Our new toy....

AzPete

I purchased a '66 Coupe off of Craigs list. The car is painted a silver from Nissan with two black strpes over the entire car. Paint is 3 months old. It has a 302 with a 5 something lift cam, Kieth Black pistons, 600 Holley, long tube headers, dual flowmasters with a C4 and 3000 stall converter behind it. Builder estimated 325 hp as others he has done the same rate a bit higher. Engine has 239 mile on it. Interior is new. Tires and wheels are new. It also sits the old style which I like. Lifted in the rear with wider tires. No rust and had all new sheet metal plus lower cowl. Also came with a fiberglass hood that has the dual width scoop. Needs painted but I think I will use it as it is more the race look.

It needs AC & heat. Emergency brake handle and cable is missing as is the drivers interior vent system.  Body panels need alignment and lots of little things to work on. It will be a driver/toy/whatever. The seller was building it to run at the drags but never finished it. The add was asking 12,000 but I paid less than 5 digits. Wife is even happy.

1f312a1g7ZZZZZZZZZ8a4cffdb00672391e.jpg
1141fb126ZZZZZZZZZ8a43152053b79421a.jpg

1151f4144ZZZZZZZZZ8a4824f37fa1b511d.jpg
1161gb148ZZZZZZZZZ8a4dd290634edc111.jpg

WooHoo! Congrats Pete!

From the pics/description the car seems to be solid. It has enough little things left to keep you busy, but nothing that'll require major repair. Sounds like just the car you were looking for!

I've told people for years that patience prevails when looking for just the right car and I'm glad you finally found yours.

Although the Pepper Gray/Black stripe paint job gives the car the "Eleanor" appearance, it's still a great color combination that'll surely turn a few heads.

Harumph. I'll provide an independent, objective evaluation on Saturday when I see it at our local annual car show (cold ones can affect the evaluation...hint hint). 3000 rpm torque converter? Seems awfully high for street use to me.

Thanks for the comments. I think we found just the right deal. We can work on it and still drive it. Well, about the rear. It will be a bit before I get to that but it will sit up some. I prefer the old school look. I will have to do new springs. For now, I will watch the shock mounts real close. I will find out about that 3000 stall converter. Been a long time since I have dealt with that so it is like learning all over again. I have yet to drive the car since we got it home. I am taking both Mustangs to our show on Sat. plus the RV. The wife has to be able to get out of the heat/sun to handle her pain level. It is real hard having the new car on a trailer and not driving it.......

"AzPete" said:
I will find out about that 3000 stall converter.

I don't think you'll mind the converter at all. You might really like how it lets you smoke the tires easier! It will however produce more heat, so maybe look into a trans cooler if not so equipped now.

Trans cooler in place already plus an additional manually switched electric fan. The normal fan shroud is a real work of art and will be replaced. It currently has a 7 bladed flex on the engine.

Oh darn, you mean I can smoke the tires easier? Now who would do that.......

I like the lowered cars but it is just not for me. I guess it comes back to being old and re-living my youth. They were all jacked up then.....now if we can just get INTO the back seat....lol. My '07 Vert even has a bit of a rake and wider tires on the rear.

:pep :pep THat is sweeeeet!!!! :dance
Congratuations! now what are you going to modify! :doh
dne'

"Sportbikechick" said:
:pep :pep THat is sweeeeet!!!! :dance
Congratuations! now what are you going to modify! :doh
dne'

My recommendation is a refrigerated kegger for the backseat... ~thu :icon_thumleft:

I thought about the rear keg but the grandkids need a seat without refreshmnts. lol

I recieved this hood with the car http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=XM305+01 which I like the style of. I will most likely look into getting it worked over and painted. With either hood, I plan on setting up cold air flow to the carb as both hoods have functional scoops. I will add an A/C & heater combo. I think I need smaller front tires along with new rear springs to get rid of the air shocks. Who knows what else will be done. Just going to change as I want to or see something I like.

Well, today I got to examine the lil' toy for the first time. Unfortunately, I needed a step ladder to peer into the trunk --- it's that high up in the back! :icon_pirat: It's actually in pretty damn good shape, but needs some missing parts: bumper side support brackets, coil covers, etc., but mechanically it sounded very strong and it does look good. It was in the top 40 cars of our show, and that says something.

I imagine I'll be seeing a lot more of it in the near future.

Now come on, it was only a step stool......

I was suprised it got in the top 40 with a lot of nice cars there. A total of 66 registered for our 20th club ann. show. Of course, Midlife came out from under the covers, watching for rain all day, and was able to steal a top 40 also.

Time to make a list of the needed items and get things going.

Back