• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine Paint

kb3

I am to the point that I need to paint the engine, transmission and transfer case on my Bronco project. I have not found a lot of info online, but I really don't want to use rattle cans. I think a single stage would work just fine, but not sure what paint to use, as well as primer.

I presume you don't want to use "rattle cans" as they are not as durable as a two part paint. I use Eastwood 2 part rattle cans for my engines and trannies. Poke the seal, shake and mix and then spray. Years later the engine looks like the day I painted it. Tough stuff. Doesn't scratch of easily at all. Unaffected by the heat. Can't get any easier clean-up either. I wonder though if you can buy it there in liberal land.

That could work, but I am looking for a color that is not normally found on engines, gunmetal grey metallic. Anybody can paint and engine Ford blue.

Just buy Chevy orange.

I’ve also used that paint TERRY talked about. Easy and long lasting. Well, I guess it’s long lasting, but I’ll never really know that.

Just buy Chevy orange.

I’ve also used that paint TERRY talked about. Easy and long lasting. Well, I guess it’s long lasting, but I’ll never really know that.
Hmm...I am probably not going to take engine advice from a guy that can't keep one running for more than a month or so!

Eastwood has very limited colors in this product, so I will just stop by the local paint shop and see what they offer.

Back