• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!



The NorCal dude from Belgium
Restoring Mustangs overseas means you have to plan way ahead then you "local" guys.
I can't order one or two parts and let them shipped overseas.
So I must plan ahead and see what part I do need in the (far)future.
The 351W on the teststand will be for the 67 Fastback which I am restoring.
I bought a 4R70W trans with a USSHIFT kit quick4 controller.
It seams that with this setup , full length headers are an issue .
The 351W has already a set off BBK shorties.
Question : Where to find exhaust pipes that connects to the BBK shorties and don't interrupt with that trans. ?
Any comments are welcome.


I Don't Care. Do you?
Make 'em. Easiest and cheapest solution for you. Where did you get the trans? IU was pricing stuff out for a possible change in the truck plan but the cost for all including that same controller made me table the idea.


The NorCal dude from Belgium
I bought the trans on a german classified site. Trans with converter , flexplate , rear support , controller w wiring and shifter w linkage , tps for carb.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk


Well-Known Member
Staff member
Yes, your best bet is to go to a muffler shop and get pipes made specifically for your set-up.