• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Experimenting with floor pan pushers

slingslingbinks

I'v been trying to get a better idea of how to hold my floor pan's tight when plug welding with out screw's. I came across some Irwin 24 inch Quick-Grip clamp's that can b converter quickly to a spreader, This way you can insert this clamp against any solid object and spread the clamp to hold the floor pan up tight for the plug weld. The min. that this clamp will go is 8 inches and spread to 31 inches. The bar is 3/4 inch and i duno if a piece of 3/4 pcv will fit over it or not but 1 inch will and u can make it longer by sliding a piece of pcv over the bar to what ever length u want. And it will b quicker than removing the plus weld screw's and no screw hole to fill up while plug welding.

Also this will permit you to drill ether a 1/4 or 5/16 hole to plug weld through and not have a sheet metal screw hole to fill as well

Here is the website on the clamp and lowes price on it is 24.98$ The p/n for the clamp is 524QCN. Happy plug welding. C-ya Scott

http://www.irwin.com/tools/clamps/sl...amps-spreaders

Where is the build thread brotha.

Let us know how it works out. I have my full floor pan downstairs in the garage and my car 350 miles away. LMAO. Any tips will help.

Experimenting with floor pan pushers

"cmayna" said:
Abe,
Here's one subtle idea.................go get Fred !

I am actually going to start moving it in pieces. LoL. Every trip I take to the bay I am going to bring something I can work on back with me. I might strap Fred to the roof of the Passat. LMAO. Wouldn't that be a funny picture, I just might photochop that when I get home.

Back