• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Extra turn signal switch wires on repro - 68

sigtauenus

Anybody know what these extra wires are for? Its a solid red, solid brown, and yellow with a black stripe. They are taped off separately on the repro I got. The red one matches the factory switch and go into the 10 pin connector at the steering column, but on the underdash side of that connector, there is no wire for the red one to connect two, so that's a dead connection from the factory.

I've looked over the wiring diagram and don't see the application. The wires go to the turn signal cam on the new switch.

427_17_07_10_11_33_41_0.jpg

427_17_07_10_11_33_41_1.jpg

Those wires based upon the colors aren't part of the standard turn signal system on any Mustang from 64.5-73.

No idea. Can you trace where the wires connect within the switch? That may give a clue...

Oh wait a minute...can they be for the emergency flasher itself, which is a separate knob for 68?

If you look at my second picture, the brown wire is on the left side as pictured. It goes to a brass connection on the plastic cam. The factory switch has a hole there but no brass fitting.

Back