• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Factory Lowered Seat Platforms>Dynacorn 69

ZFORCE

I was reading MM's August issue and saw an article on page 14 advertising Dynacorn's new reproduction 69-70 seat platforms that are supposed to be lower than the 65-68 seat pans.

Apparently the 69-70 seat platforms were always made lower than the earlier years. I've never heard of this fact, but good to know.

They stated in the article that these platforms can be used as a replacement platform for the earlier Mustangs, making more room to install late model Mustang seats in the earlier stangs. Anyone have additional info as to how much this platform will lower the seats?

I've never had an early car to compare them to, but they definitely aren't very tall. I had always wondered how people were cutting them down, but I guess that was always with the early cars. I'm gonna guess that the front height is about 1.5" tall or so, maybe a bit more. Cutting them down any more and the seat track studs would stick out the bottom of the floor pans.

This is one mod I would really like to do to my car. I wish I had done it before teh dynomat went in... Anyone ever remove dynomat? How big of a PIA is it? My undercarriage is painted with a bedliner type paint, would cutting or welding the pans back in mess up the finish at all?

My undercarriage is painted with a bedliner type paint, would cutting or welding the pans back in mess up the finish at all?

Yes, it will bubble the paint and you'll have to scrape it off with a putty knife and then re-shoot the area.

I've had my current 67 20 years and my 1st 67 for 10 (many others in-between), I just cut my drivers side down before the power tour and I am glad I did. I'm only 6' but tall enough to hit the headliner, make it hard to see the traffic lights that hang from a wire right over the intersection and squeeze in and out with a stock 15" steering wheel. It was pretty easy to just cut some off, clamp it in the vise and bend a new flange. The draw back is drilling and chiseling out the spot welds without distorting or destroying the part too much. If I had known the 69/70 would fit and was shorter a few months ago I think I would have bought them!

I measured a 69 mustang I have in the shop and compared to a 67 and there was less than one inch.
it isn't worth the trouble, that Is why I came up with the one piece headliner, you gain almost 3 inches.

Thanks for the measurement, I just measured my 67 vert and it is about 3 1/2 inches in the front and about 2 1/2 in the back. Do you think that the a 69-70 vert is the same measurement?

And to answer Fast68back about removing dynomat, I think there was a guy named Nick who did things out of order, like Dynomat before welding a "roll bar" in...he may have some experience with that...maybe he'll chime in.

"mustangstofear" said:
We just did a coupe to fastback conversion so we are going to flip the coupe top up side down and make a mold. Rich.

I dont get it, what does a coupe top have to do with seat pans?

"Fast68back" said:
I dont get it, what does a coupe top have to do with seat pans?

Nothing more than the normal derailing of a post subject......but....in case you missed it..........if they gained 2-3 inches in head room with the '69 molded head liner, then the coupe will be about the same gain. No need to lower the seat pans then. So, you see, it really got back on track here.

Actually the discussion fits right in, as it offers Rick a solution to his problem. Mustangstofear offer a one piece molded headliner that gives you more room so you won't have to remove the mat or mess up the bedliner coating... I just asked if they had one for a coupe also and he said he is working on it.

Are you just looking for head room, or are you also installing aftermarket seats. My aftermarket seats need more room between the steering wheel and seat, not so much for the head room.

Back