• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Family get together supper

CCD0805B-0B3D-4F2F-80CA-8F83A6AEC497.jpeg Yesterday, I hosted a Family get together at my new home. Flew my Mom n son out from Kalifornia for the weekend and had about 50 relatives n my neighbor over.
Food for the event was 13+ lbs of brisket, seasoned with minced garlic, pepper and buttrub seasoning, and 2 chickens with the same additives plus Worchestershire sauce.
Burgers n hotdogs also. Everyone brought side dishes. All of my Mom’s surviving siblings, 4 of my Mom’s cousin’s, 14 of my cousin’s and their spouses, kids n grandkids all were in attendance.
I put the brisket on at 9:30 am, at 225 degrees on my Primo grill. 10+ hours. There was no brisket left over.

Sounds like a blast and that's a good looking brisket.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Mmmm, i like smoking brisket, i start the night before and let it cook through morning. I put mine in a pan with a liter of Guiness and let it soak in, then pull it when the internal temp is reached, wrap it in foil and put it in an ice chest surrounded by ice for an hour. The hot to cold draws more juices into the center.
Have you ever done burnt ends with the tip? Those are great for after.

Back