• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fastback fresh air vent question

monkeystash

When installing these:

IMG_0027.jpg

Do I use this?

IMG_0023.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could help, mine has roll down windows. LoL.

If I remember correctly, Craig added similar type of weather stripping on the perimeter of the interior vent that connects to that exterior grill piece.

+1 on yes. I have the vents out of the fastback and haven't done anything to them. The original sealers should still be in place. I'll take a pic if it's still there and get it posted for you to reference Ryan. Does this mean we''l see some updates on the build thread? ;)

Hmm. I may have overlooked something. Hopefully someone will clarify if this applies for 67-68 which I assume it does.

"Ponyman66" said:
+1 on yes. I have the vents out of the fastback and haven't done anything to them. The original sealers should still be in place. I'll take a pic if it's still there and get it posted for you to reference Ryan. Does this mean we''l see some updates on the build thread? ;)

Thanks John, and I know I've been slackin'.

"gtscode" said:
Hmm. I may have overlooked something. Hopefully someone will clarify if this applies for 67-68 which I assume it does.

I'm pretty sure I caught onto if via on of craigs posts a while back. Someday I'll take mine apart to put the seals in, but it's not a top priority for me seeing that it'll be a pain to do it now that everything is together.

"gtscode" said:

I used 3m strip caulk on my 67 fastback vents as well as my lower faux vent inserts. If you didn't and it starts to rain on your drive down to Knotts, just use some painter's tape around the edges of the vent louvers.

Here's the pics Ryan. I checked the vents and openings. I have several sets of the vents and looked closely at all of them. On several I found traces left around the edge. The vent pic I'm attaching has the area in red. I'd also recommend applying it in circles around the attaching points (also in red). I've also included a pic of one of the opening on my car. Dunno if all of your factory sealant was removed, but you can see where it should be (basically it's seam sealer). Hope this helps!

2856872800070710241S600x600Q85.jpg

2535729080070710241S600x600Q85.jpg

Back