• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Finally under primer

Heap64

Bodywork isn't the most fun thing to do in the world, but at least you know you are getting closer to paint everyday. It has taken awhile to work on the gaps and get the filler flat. I took the day off today and rolled the car outside and shot 3-4 coats of 2k build primer on everything. I'm going to try to leave it alone for a week or so and let it have a chance to cure and shrink. Then I will try blocking it out and see what it looks like. I know there are a few little spots to address, but hopefully it is getting pretty close.

Now we really need to make sure we are going back to Springtime Yellow. Between my wife and I we have 7 children and I don't think any of them like the yellow. But it really is what Kim and I want that counts here. Tomorrow we are going to try to check out a car show down towards St, Louis. The idea of yellow has been planned all along and has grown on us. But for some reason we are having a little bit of second thoughts as it gets close. Vintage Burgundy is running through our heads too.

Build Website http://www.heartlandlasercreations.com/67%20Convertible.htm

Body work looks nice and straight.

I'm with the kids on the color. :lol

In the end you need to paint it the color you want it. If springtime yellow has always been the plan, you may just commit to it and be done. Looking at colors will probably only frustrate you.

"Sluggo" said:
Looking at colors will probably only frustrate you.

+1 here. Anytime I seen a color I liked on a car I would look it up in my chip books, price it, mix a little and spray it. I don't know how many spray out cards and pints of mixed up paint I have just sitting around and then you keep thinking, This color would be awesome. The next day: Maybe I won't like it as much as this one etc......

Kim and I just can't seem to commit to the Springtime Yellow. The color that we both seemed to like today was found on a '65 and is called Twilight Turquoise. It looks great in bc/cc and I have seem some convertibles online with the black tops and interior and it just looks really nice. I think we have decided to say to hell with originality and shoot an awesome '65 color on our '67.

Back