• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fired engine this weekend

Thanks to 'ole Sluggo who ventured north once again to bail me out and show me how stupid I really am. Once again i was unprepared for randy's visit, after running around to get a battery charger friday nite to charge the Optima battery and replacing the barely used late model starter, the damn thing fired right up, I think it shocked us both. After addressing a few issues, some yahoo (me) forgot to torque the intake, wiring issue with the MSD box (constant 12V Vs. keyed, Ooops) and a fuel leak (&#^@% Holley fuel line). We worked on adjusting the carb, which we ended up rebuilding Sat night. Fired the car up this morning , still a couple issue to work on with it, really need to replace that *$&%@)! Holley fuel line.

It turns out that when I initially adjusted the rockers the lifters had no oil, thus they were to tight and had no compression. We readjusted and all was good. Like most things, you look on the internet you'll find a hundred ways to do the same thing...

After Sluggo left I worked on relocating the distribution block/prop valve, now that the MC for the clutch is in I could see where to put everything. Here are a couple pics. The MC will still come back out to get painted, the surface rust looks like doo doo. Checked all the local auo parts stores for some cast paint, but couldnt find any. I also used some 220 sandpaper on the lines, I realize this may weaken the lines some, but they look a lot better since the other lines are all SS.

Still a lot to do, but definetly a step closer, thanks again Sluggo, I owe you big time.

2_15_03_09_4_59_10_1.JPG

2_15_03_09_4_59_09_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that SSBC block, very clean installation. Remind us again of your engine specs. Looks like you'll be on the road by mid-Spring, eh?

Its a Keith Craft 347. I bought it about a year and a half ago off a guy that pulled it from his Cobra kit car because he wanted to upgrade to a 351 based 427 stroker.

Don't sweat it. I'm tallying(?) it all up :naug

Just another day in Mustang paradise :dance

Got sick of that POS Chrome Holley fuel line so when I ordered the brass plugs for the carb I ordered a new fuel rail and line.

2_19_03_09_6_53_14_1.JPG

The line is a prebuilt kit from Edelbrock, the Summit site said it was Chevy and Mopar but it was 24" and had the -6 AN fittings already installed and came with a 90 degree fitting. Fits my application perfectly and it was cheaper than trying to piece a line together.

2_19_03_09_6_53_13_0.JPG

The fuel rail is a Summit piece and was on sale. It has the -8 AN fittings so I had to buy the -8/-6 adapter to fit it to the fuel line.

You can see it in the picture, but the fuel filter will mount between the fuel line and the filter.

Whata ya think?

Refinished that nasty looking MC today

Before

2_21_03_09_4_51_46_3.JPG

2_21_03_09_4_51_47_4.JPG

After

2_21_03_09_4_54_40_0.JPG

I shot it with some clearcoat after I got it cleaned up, hopefully the rust wont come back

I shot it with some clearcoat after I got it cleaned up, hopefully the rust wont come back...

From my experience, it will. I'll pray for you. :headac

I've often thought about just sending them off to a powder coater....

Rick,
Nice looking engine. I like the idea of powder coating the MC. I see no brake booster? I'm installing the same SSBC block/prop valve in Shag.

Back