• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

First Open Track of 2011 at Heartland Park Topeka, Wed April 20th

A

Anonymous

Looks like the rain gods will be busy elsewhere fulfilling Rick's devious desires.

Got the car finished up and cleaned today. Loaded all the tools and car into the trailer so she's ready to go. I know Skip is planning on being there, but I believe Dan's misfortune with his starter and flywheel will keep him away from the first event.

Skip bought a blingtastic video/data logging setup, so we should be treated to some cool video later this week.

Here's hoping that the engine is fixed and holds together. I did drop the rpm's back to 7K, which will drop my front straight speed down to about 115. It'll give me a short nap every lap!

Good luck. I hope this year is better for you........but it sure makes for good reading when it goes bad.....but really....good luck.

The day is over and for the first time in a long time, I'm tired, no...wasted. The car ran flawless all day. Ran 4 sessions, slowly got it up to speed and was only off a second from my best time to date. I'll edit some video and maybe get it uploaded to YouTube later this week.

Skip ran really well and with his new data acquisition , fancy scmancy video should have some up sooner than me. Might have to change his name to "Captain, not quite so slow"!

Got some video uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFQzEkjK6w

I believe the yellow Vette was a Z06! He was pretty fast on the straights, but I'd get him in the twisty's. It was a lot of fun hawking him down and it also got me to run my quickest laps yesterday. Near the end of the video I completely blow it at the end of the front straight and had to concentrate on just getting it woah'd down!

I dropped my limiter chip to 7,200rpm and it actually was kicking in at 7,100. That translates to about 114 mph with my current tires and 4.11 gears. Not very fast on the top end, but it'll sure get there in a hurry.

It was fun when some spectators came up asking what size engine and type of suspension I was running. I like watching the jaw drops when I tell them it's 1966 technology with a few roller bearing upgrades. [nb]Hat tip to Street or Track & ORP[/nb]

"silverblueBP" said:
Got some video uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFQzEkjK6w

I believe the yellow Vette was a Z06! He was pretty fast on the straights, but I'd get him in the twisty's. It was a lot of fun hawking him down and it also got me to run my quickest laps yesterday. Near the end of the video I completely blow it at the end of the front straight and had to concentrate on just getting it woah'd down!

I dropped my limiter chip to 7,200rpm and it actually was kicking in at 7,100. That translates to about 114 mph with my current tires and 4.11 gears. Not very fast on the top end, but it'll sure get there in a hurry.

It was fun when some spectators came up asking what size engine and type of suspension I was running. I like watching the jaw drops when I tell them it's 1966 technology with a few roller bearing upgrades. [nb]Hat tip to Street or Track & ORP[/nb]

That's so farking awesome Mark. I cant wait to get on the track some day.

Yep - fun stuff !

I always get a kick out of blowing by the high dollar cars, makes 'em mad as they can be :steer Nice job Mark.

Finally had a chance to get something on You Tube (my very first time).

Here is the video of my best lap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIsLSiB8mZ0

I am running "stickier" tires this season so I am getting better but there is still room for improvement in my driving skill.

There was a lot of traffic, gravel, and marbles on the track when we started. Our windshields took a beating.

The system I have from RaceLogic is very cool.

You can watch up to four laps at the same time to see your screw ups. I knocked off 5 seconds a lap from my first session just by watching the video.

Back